Notices

Want to share a bad bad night

Old 12-06-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
Hi Jack, I'm sorry about that rough experience. I think I know what you were feeling, sounds very familiar, I've been there many times. The meeting is a good idea, why not go even today if you think it could help to not be alone?

On accepting your alcoholism. I think most of us have had this problem at some stage. I accepted mine many years before finally getting sober, had no doubts whatsoever. Acceptance alone did not help me at all to change things, only action can. Maybe just think about it that drinking does cause you problems that you want to change, it does not really matter what terms are used to describe the "problem". It's clearly a recurring issue for you and you seem to have motivation to change it.
Thanks haennie, good advice. You're right it's action I need. Will go to a meeting tomorrow, tonight I'm seeing my ex. She has been through recovery herself, and the transformation it brought about in her is the reason I even considered AA. She went from being pretty much able to function to being happy, well-adjusted and emotionally strong. I think she'll be a good person to be around tonight. Hope it's all good with you.