Notices

The Taste of Alcohol

Old 12-03-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Taste of Alcohol

I'm noticing that at Day 10, the thought of actually tasting an alcoholic drink seems more and more revolting to me - this is obviously encouraging to me. I, for one, never really drank for the taste but rather, the effect. In fact, I think the only reason I could tolerate the taste of alcohol is that I associated the taste with the effect that I liked. I actually remember thinking on many occasions that if I could inject alcohol rather than drink it, I would - how sick is that?? Anyway, just my musings for the day...
Old 12-03-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

Me too SoberD - I've played it through in my head and find it quite distasteful for some weird reason - although the speed it used to go down my neck I probably didn't taste it anyway
I also find the smell of my wife's wine really nasty.......
Old 12-03-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ive never enjoyed the taste or the smell of alcohol either

Well done on day 10 bud
Old 12-03-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

To be honest, I never did like the taste of alcohol either. It probably helps in sobriety that I don't actually crave the taste. In the early years I drank fruity, sweet drinks so I didn't taste it. In later years I drank straight vodka as shots or out of the bottle because it was relatively tasteless. Wine became tolerable over the years, but beer was always a struggle. At my worst when only beer was available I would plug my nose and glug a whole can of beer at one go and then quick eat some food to erase the taste before I unplugged my nose.