Notices

Hello need some support

Old 12-02-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello need some support

Hi all i dont deserve this support as i feel bad enough that i havent made the effort i should have done. Tonight i said to my husband to drink the rest of my vodka as i want to be clean for xmas which i do. It is not even day one how on earth will i make it to xmas i really want to do so but i need some support along the way please if there is anyone out there that can offer support i would be so grateful as to be honest with everyone the best xmas pressie i could get this year would be to be sober for xmas please help xx
Old 12-02-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You do deserve support, we all do. You'll find lots of it here. You've made a very good decision.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

It's tough, tizzie, but you can do it.

What's your plan? What will you do the next time you feel like drinking?

Many of us found it helpful to have a plan. I know I did.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Of course you deserve support youl get an unlimited supply here

read this http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 12-03-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You'll find lots of support here.
I know all about pouring it out, solemn oaths and broken promises.
I found I couldn't quit by myself and needed the support of others, too.
Try not to think too far ahead. Just don't drink today. If you don't, you won't get drunk. I promise.
You may want to try a support group like AA. Coming here a lot helps me, too.
I've been sober almost four years now, and I know I'm one drink away from a drunk. And I was a serious drinker. I've been given a second chance, a daily repreive if I keep my priorities in order.
The holidays are rough, but you can do it.
Best to you and keep posting.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your first sentence indicates that you feel unworthy or that you haven't earned support. That is kind of like beating yourself up which is a trigger to drink for many. If you find that being hard on yourself is a part of your daily life then I would start with focusing on being nice to yourself. Be kind and compassionate with yourself....I'm sure you extend that to others.

I find using Google is helpful in finding posts or articles about others experiences that relate to my own narrative. If I Google something specific that I'm thinking or feeling such as "how can I stop drinking during the holidays" I will usually get to read someone's experience and take something valuable away from it to apply to my own situation. It is also comforting to know that I'm far from being the only person in that situation.

It can be a challenging time to voluntarily stop drinking especially if alcohol hasn't yet completely ruined your life or health though you probably feel like if you continue drinking that it eventually will. Quitting during the holiday season when the rest of the people in our world might be ramping up their consumption is an added challenge.

If you have the option to make this holiday and quiet one that might help. Some Christmases are busier than others and maybe this one should be treated as a low key one.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Tizzkins

There's all the support in the world here...but support won;t be enough if you don;t put in some effort and make some changes.

Have you considered going to AA or another recovery group at all?

D
Old 12-03-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tizzkins View Post
It is not even day one how on earth will i make it to xmas i really want to do so but i need some support along the way please if there is anyone out there that can offer support i would be so grateful as to be honest with everyone the best xmas pressie i could get this year would be to be sober for xmas please help xx
Xmas will get here on its own, and while we do have to keep it in mind in order to prepare the gifts cards food etc., our first concern is this moment. If you can stay sober for this moment, and then the next moment, and build on those moments, you will achieve your goal. Don't waste Now focusing on Tomorrow. One day at a time does it.

You can do it!
Old 12-03-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you DO deserve this
Old 12-03-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with the others that you are worthy of support , first few days will be a little rough because you may not get much sleep and feel hyper , of course you won't feel hungover and you start feeling more healthy almost immediatly

Good luck , its not nearly as difficult as your a.v would have you think