Notices

QUESTION of the day...

Old 12-01-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No, they do not
Old 12-01-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This is the alcoholics section of the forum, so not sure this is the best place to ask this question But I guess some of the F&F people might reply, as one already has above.

Isn't this a question you asked before, Serenidad? It seems I replied to that thread.

SeekingGrowth pointed out that there is evidence based info out there on this... have you tried Googling for peer reviewed research on sites like PubMed?

The brain of an addict is affected differently than the brain of a non-addict, when we ingest the drug.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
This is the alcoholics section of the forum, so not sure this is the best place to ask this question But I guess some of the F&F people might reply, as one already has above. Isn't this a question you asked before, Serenidad? It seems I replied to that thread. SeekingGrowth pointed out that there is evidence based info out there on this... have you tried Googling for peer reviewed research on sites like PubMed? The brain of an addict is affected differently than the brain of a non-addict, when we ingest the drug.
Who knows. I probably did ask it before. Sorry if I did. Feel free to just ignore. My memory has been really bad lately. Thx though.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Nah...I hear people at work say stuff like "after this day, I might have to have a drink when I get home" BLOWS MY MIND! MIGHT? crazy people!
Old 12-02-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I started drinking alcoholically later in life (in my 30s). Prior to crossing that line, I never had the mental obsession and the urge for alcohol.
Once I crossed the line into alcoholism, I started getting those ovrewhelming urges and cravings.
With close to two years sober, I do not have any of those anymore but I do not delude myself into thinking that I can ever drink safely ever again. Picking up the first drink will sooner reignite the obsession.