Notices

Hello world

Old 11-13-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello world

There is a realm from which we were expelled. We are cursed with 3 pitiful dimensions. All we know or ever will know is nothing more than what our brains chooses to interpret. In actuality, we know nothing more or less. We are trapped in our skin and by societal constructs. Our lives are not our own. We truly have no free will. Death is the great equalizer from which there is no escape. Do what you will, try as you may, live healthy, make good choices, death will still find you. I wish to return from whatever slumber I was in prior to birth. Bringing me in this world was a purely selfish act. Knowing what I know now, I would have refused to be born. But that choice was bestowed upon me by, not given. Are there other worlds? Other pitifully limited 3 dimensional beings? It no longer matters. They bring no salvation, no answers. For they, even with all their theoretical technology, are just as blind as us. Life and death are as meaningless as shooting stars. There is no purpose, never has been, never will be. Those who cling to an afterlife are delusional. Once you've seen the world from this perspective, there is no going back. And yet here I am, writing this bs. Why, cause I'm too scared to kill myself. The great equalizer will find me, but I refuse to meet it on my terms. Let it find me, as it surely will. I'm terrified of oblivion, of the unknown. I'm petrified of uncertainty, crippled by lack of control. There is no help in a bottle, no solace in temporary escapes. There is only life and death, neither of which is of our choosing.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Even if there is no greater meaning to life, it's possible to find peace and joy in the process.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome DD. No help in a bottle - so very true. Wish I'd learned that decades ago.

Glad to have you here.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really nice to meet you

glad you found us
Old 11-13-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Hanging out here with all the others trapped between birth and death has had a profound impact on me and my time. Some good folks here. Glad you could join us. Kick off your shoes and stay a while.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I suggest some bacon & a chocolate milkshake.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Dan

I was very sure I saw the world for what it was - dark, evil, futile, claustrophobic...it took recovery to show me I'd been standing in a corner....

D