Notices

Craving tools

Old 11-08-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Craving tools

Hi, going into day 21 tomorrow, feeling epic about it , amongst some other stuff going on at the minute which has been a challenge.

I just wanted to ask (and think I've come across something on the site)

Is there a guide for all to follow during cravings? And has anybody got there own tools that they don't mind sharing with me?

I want to try and stay ahead of the game as I continue to make progress

Thanks in advance
Old 11-08-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey Stewy84, congrats on the three weeks!

Personally, I never really had any alcohol 'cravings' per se, so I can't really comment on that part. What I did <crave> was the buzz and my old lifestyle, and still do on occasion. I really missed meeting up for a beer with my friends and all of the other social stuff, where alcohol always played a part.

To combat that, I became very involved with physical fitness. I have found that a hard cardio workout seems to keep any cravings at bay. A nice afternoon, with some pretty vigorous exercise, then a cool shower and a healthy meal, and I feel pretty good. Before I stopped, I would be out at my local haunt boozing it up until it was close to bedtime (which was usually 'last-call'). Now I'm a boring prime-time TV guy, who's sober.

I'm not going to say that's it's just as entertaining or even as fun, how ever I will say that it's better. Actually much better.

Stay strong, as it really is better once things get sorted out as far as your new lifestyle.

Lusher
Old 11-08-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ice Cream, Stewey, Ice Cream!
Old 11-08-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Trachemys I am well versed in all Ben and jerrys flavours and frequent often hahaha!

Cheers Luther . I am starting the insanity work out again tomorrow so will try the exercise route!
Old 11-08-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry lusher, I meant lusher and not Luther damn predictive keyboard tool thing
Old 11-08-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A teaspoon of peanut butter when you are having a craving seems to help. Someone with 26 years of sobriety gave me that tip. :-)