Notices

Doomsday 12

Old 11-08-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Doomsday 12

I don't know what it is, but I tend to struggle and slip around day 12. It's happened several times. Today is day 12, and sure enough it's starting out hard. I'm going to be extra vigilant. Anyone else have a doomsday? Why is this?
Old 11-08-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

No day will you drink if you really dont want to

Briar why would you drink your choice but i dont consider it i dont drink no more

if you want to be sober be sober end of

good luck my friend were all here
Old 11-08-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My doomsdays, over a thousand of them, were all Day 1s (except for one Day 4 upon arriving home after sitting bedside with my dying sister for those 4 days).

For all of those doomsdays, conviction and self-control had not yet joined forces and they didn't do so until I was thoroughly and almost irreparably broken within.

Don't let that brokenness happen to you. Power through this day and then the next (or this moment and the next if that is what it takes).

You can do this, Briar; there is so much strength and self-awareness in your posts.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doomsday Drinking Thoughts:

1) Alcohol is a toxic substance (ethanol) and goes into fuel mixtures and industrial solvents
2) When consumed it kills brains cells and attacks internal organs (liver, kidney, heart, nerves)
3) Its expensive and leads to expensive behavior(s)
4) It leads to reckless behavior, accidents, and users are known to hurt others
5) Driving while using alcohol is illegal and the penalties are severe including long term prison sentences
6) Alcohol abuse leads to job loss, family and friends loss
7) Long term abuse and usage leads to death.

Death by alcohol is lonely, painful, and being an alcoholic is a very deary depressive way to live.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There was another post on here about someone who relapsed on a particular number day. Think of each day as day #1. Don't count. And just get through that day #1, and the next and the next. Counting days seems to be self defeating for a lot of people.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Professional zombie fighter

I'm there too man.

Today will be Day 5 for me, so I have four days, and my record is four days. I've had "four days" in my head forever as the best I can do.

But actually, I don't feel like it's doomsday. I feel like it's a day I'm not going to drink. It's also a day I have a 6 pm meeting to attend, and grocery shopping to do before that. I sure hope that's the truth. Haha.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For me it's day 4. The worst is when I stop by the liquor store on a Tuesday after going to an AA meeting. Insanity.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Consider that you've had 11 sober days. Nothing is different today other than your perception. Make plans to do things other than drinking just like you have for the last week and a half. Cook a meal, go for a walk, clean the house, get a haircut, bake some cookies, go to the library. There are literally thousands of things you could do, and only one that you shouldn't do.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You decide whether you drink or not. Not some mystical day. Make the decision my friend and don't change your mind. You can do it! You are strong.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi.
this might be of help.

"You can't think your way into a new way of living...you have to
live your way into a new way of thinking!"

BE WELL
Old 11-08-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Doomsday will only occur if I drink again. Today I will not - by grace. In the past couple years everyday was a doomsday......

Somehow I had to find a way to deal with the obsession. Once removed, I get daily reprieve based on how spiritually fit I am.

Around 30 days, the obsession to drink was removed and has not returned. I drank for many, many years. So, this is truly miraculous

This is my experience...

Willingness / Desire and Acceptance were the keys for me that now avoid doomsday - Today!

Flyn