Notices

Emotional Sobriety

Old 10-31-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Ya know...I quite like the overburdened little donkey idea.
When we look back and take inventory as to whether or not we've lived a good life, we might ask certain questions to arrive at our conclusions "Did I relieve suffering when I was able to do so?" "How did I treat those who are less fortunate than I am?" "Will the people who remember me remember me for what I accomplished or for what I've given?" "What would I have done differently? Or better?" "What did I contribute to my larger community, if I bothered to build or participate in such a thing at all?"

For me, the answers to these questions both color and shape the person I've become, though I rarely if ever ask them in any formal way. But one of the questions I would not leave out, were I to ask at all, might be, "How did I deal with adversity, in my own life and in the lives of others?"

A stallion is beautiful, fast and powerful for the short term. Built for speed and admiration, the very best among them generate notoriety and enormous financial gain. A donkey toils in relative anonymity, despite its capacity for carrying us through our often burdensome struggles in life, its ability to navigate frightening and potentially deadly paths, and offering a great deal of relief in the long run, accepting without complaint, though often with reluctance (after all, it is a beast of burden), its Sysyphusian lot in life.

And, speaking of rolling stones, the stallion gives us what we want, while the donkey gives us what we need.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
So I get that there have been struggles and that you are uncertain about a lot of things right now, but in case you didn't notice...um, hello, you are badass. I think you should buy yourself something in celebration of your recent nuptials to yourself. My choice would be an amazing pair of boots or shoes. I figure if I have to keep putting one foot in front of the other getting through life, those feet may as well be fiercely shod.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Yes!! ^<<---

silentrun, please come back real soon to explain the frog and the turd cutter thing. Is this is a local expression or code? Having a nice turd cutter? I wait with bated breath as I have gone an entire lifetime without being privy to either exposure or explanation.

And how is your doing going, Nuu?
Old 10-31-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
A dream interpreter told me that once...the house represents the body.

I have long had a recurring dream of my childhood home where I CANNOT lock the basement door (which was the entry we all used..front door was for guests lol). I try everything I can..but I cannot get that door to stay shut or locked. It is always terrifying.

Anyone for boundary issues???
oh, my.

I have that same recurring dream, with a small difference.

It's the house I grew up in, and the back door will not lock. In the dream I know that no one will fix it and I'm always worried.

Ugh. That dream bothers me and I don't know why.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post
Yes!! ^<<---

silentrun, please come back real soon to explain the frog and the turd cutter thing. Is this is a local expression or code? Having a nice turd cutter? I wait with bated breath as I have gone an entire lifetime without being privy to either exposure or explanation.

And how is your doing going, Nuu?
It means nice butt. When Endgame was talking about the Prince having once been a frog or staying a frog and that it is OK to be frog I immediately thought of my husband. He was probably talking about me being satisfied with who I am. See I really am a love addict.
Bimi my last drinking dream I was at my parents house. My mom was trying to talk to me and I was telling her to stay gone on account of she is shunning me to get me to return to her religion.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
When we look back and take inventory as to whether or not we've lived a good life, we might ask certain questions to arrive at our conclusions "Did I relieve suffering when I was able to do so?" "How did I treat those who are less fortunate than I am?" "Will the people who remember me remember me for what I accomplished or for what I've given?" "What would I have done differently? Or better?" "What did I contribute to my larger community, if I bothered to build or participate in such a thing at all?"

For me, the answers to these questions both color and shape the person I've become, though I rarely if ever ask them in any formal way. But one of the questions I would not leave out, were I to ask at all, might be, "How did I deal with adversity, in my own life and in the lives of others?"

A stallion is beautiful, fast and powerful for the short term. Built for speed and admiration, the very best among them generate notoriety and enormous financial gain. A donkey toils in relative anonymity, despite its capacity for carrying us through our often burdensome struggles in life, its ability to navigate frightening and potentially deadly paths, and offering a great deal of relief in the long run, accepting without complaint, though often with reluctance (after all, it is a beast of burden), its Sysyphusian lot in life.

And, speaking of rolling stones, the stallion gives us what we want, while the donkey gives us what we need.
For the love of God EG...stop making me love you more! You KNOW I have addiction/obsession issues for pete's sake. You're lucky I'm moving even farther away.

Soberlicious...boots? Nice one. I'll post a pic : )

I'm doing okay today. Got my office cleaned out and tomorrow it's just packing up the Tacoma...
Old 10-31-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Bimini...we're having the same damn terrifying dream.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

My grandsponsor said not too long ago, no one said we had to get through anything gracefully, we just need to get through it sober. LOL

I am coming up on 2 years and I have peaks and valleys as well, I think that's just the way it is, ya know? The difference now is that instead of busting out the vino to cope with it, I do other things. Journaling, talking to other people, reading here, hitting a meeting and sometimes one of those things is to wig out a little.

Good job on four months.