Notices

Stay Sober Here Weekender Thread Oct 24 - 26!

Old 10-23-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm afraid of the weekend too - I've got a week today and it feels great but damn I feel fragile.
Working on Saturday.
Going here on Sunday, which will be a nice day with friends.

My avatar is my feet while walking the dogs early one morning along the lake. Wearing mismatched Tevas because, is there some rule that one's shoes have to match? No, I didn't think so.

bigsombrero, that is absolutely stunning! I'm jealous.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm climbing aboard as we speak.xx
Old 10-23-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

My avatar is because I am a vegan.

Not.

Looks like tons of people on this bus, but we NEVER run out of room. Get on board!

Tax homework this weekend. Am I a broken record or what? I fell behind earlier in the week (went home for a funeral) and I need to catch up. 3 more weeks and that class is done!

I also plan to ride my bike. Don't let me forget or try to whine out of it. I need exercise!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey! Nice crowd is starting to assemble. On train home from office.

If you have one week or less post early and often. If you are thinking about drinking come here first. Take a walk around the block. Shake up your afternoon and evening routine. It's one day at a time. I could choose to drink tomorrow but today I will not drink. When tomorrow comes I say the same thing. Reminds me of the restaurant with the permanent sign saying "free crab tomorrow".

Talk to you all later. Coming up on my stop.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ha ha, Stevie, I thought your shoes were different colors.

You must be well-to-do. Tevas are spendy out here

My avatars kept disappearing so I keep changing it.
<<~~~~ this one is just a lion cub looking a bit peeved to be swimming thru autumn leaves. No deep meaning.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're doing the work that needs to be done, Nons! That's the spirit. And yeah, don't try and get out of those bike rides.

Feeling "blah" this evening and kind of have been the last couple of days. The rainy season is persisting...only a few more weeks and we'll get some sunshine. In the meantime, I've been busy as heck with work. I'm spent, man. I was going to try and get to the coast this weekend, but getting up at 7am on Saturday morning for a 2.5 hour shuttle bus ride through rough terrain only to take that ride back 36 hours later just seems to much. I'm not energized. I'm sapped. I'll decide tomorrow after work, there's always next weekend or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that!

Yesterday my neighbor asked to come up and see my new patio setup. She's a nice older lady, but kind of annoying sometimes. She brought a glass of wine with her. I didn't mind, really, but as she was coming in my front door, I heard her yell to another neighbor: "come on up to bigsombrero's porch, bring your wine". Now that is NOT okay. When she got up to my porch I said that I'm sorry, I'm going to have to cut the evening short because I had business matters. That was the end of that. If a neighbor stops over to enjoy my patio with a glass of wine, and then asks others to come and bring theirs too....well, I'm sorry but that's not going to happen. It's just another example of how complicated it can be when you don't expressly come out and introduce yourself as a recovering alcoholic. Gee whiz.

I had a drinking dream last night, it's been a while. Scared the heck out of me and made me feel terrible, I dreamed I was peer pressured into taking a swig of beer at a party. Not sure how that would ever happen, but in dreamworld they play by different rules! Anyway, just rambling now....going to check up on the thread. Thanks for being here all!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Ha ha, Stevie, I thought your shoes were different colors.

You must be well-to-do. Tevas are spendy out here

My avatars kept disappearing so I keep changing it.
<<~~~~ this one is just a lion cub looking a bit peeved to be swimming thru autumn leaves. No deep meaning.
Tevas are spendy everywhere, but I find great deals on eBay. (I'm not well to do at all, at least by US standards!)
Old 10-23-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good work BigS. That was kind of rude actually. I have no issue in setting boundaries. It's a go to skill staying sober.

K
Old 10-23-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
Tevas are spendy everywhere, but I find great deals on eBay. (I'm not well to do at all, at least by US standards!)
I have some Tevas I've worn exactly once in eight years. I have too ma....so many shoes!

At one time in my life I had money and time on my hands and discovered online shoe buying. Yeah. Do not recommend. I have enough shoes to last the rest of my life and an overflowing closet.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

50 posts in half a day! Y'all been busy! I'll be around.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Sober buses lined up! Hope on! Room for everybody!

Share what you are doing to stay sober.

Share what you are doing in general.

Post a pic... a joke or two... a music link or three! Just don't drink!

Show how you are living sober this weekend!!!

To quote Nonsensical...
"I quit drinking many times and started living sober only once."

Three... two... one... Welcome to your sober weekend!!!!!

I am in!:
Old 10-23-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Like knowing what avatars mean for folks. Keep it going.

Sooz.... Weasel here decided to grow a beard. Yup. A beard. This particular weasel has not been known for being furry. Though I have only ever shaved my mustache two times over the recent decades. But a beard? Hmmmm <scratch scratch>

I thought this could be fun! Yeah. Well... I also shave my head to a very close stubble. Always have. Seems to be freeing and low maintenance. It's actually nice when breezy.

I see you all cringing or trying to possibly picture this. Anyway.... It's patchy and scratchy and speckled with gray. Let's see if it lasts the weekend!

Old 10-23-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I thought Charlie Brown's beard was Lucy.

*ba dum chh
Old 10-23-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Old 10-23-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good grief! I'm in tears here! Thanks for that Bimini!
Old 10-23-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

had to log on quick to put out a fire I may have started. NO-ONE is impersonating weasel.

I happen to see someone using the same avatar and thought it was weasel yesterday. Sorry if I caused any confusion.
Anyway I saw four deer tonight. In my headlights after I got in vehicle to drive home. They snucked around me tonight, but I'll get em.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks for clarifying LB but I think it's understood I am a one of a kind.

Deer can be sneaky. I used to have a log home set back about a half mile off the road. Had to wear two pieces of orange just to take the trash out this time of year. See hunters walking by out the back door with guns over their shoulders. Always waived from my kitchen window.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

too late, I see that it was figgurd out already. well the new CB av is tops weasel.

well, since the wife "asked" if I was going to decorate for halloween... the guy down the road farms as a hobby and I got pumpkins for half of what they would have cost elsewhere, he told take a few extra 'free' ones as I was leaving. The g-men come tomorrow, I have about ten punkins to carve, but tonight I will gut them and get the mess in the trash. will carve them over the weekend and post a pic or two.

BigS, I've been telling the wife I need a vacation and my ******** is good for a few more years... I'll bring some chairs along for the balcony... just sayin...
I'm good with plants

Weasel, know why hunters wear orange? It's easier for the search party to find them.

Last edited by LBrain; 10-23-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: why wear orange
Old 10-23-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
They snucked around me tonight, but I'll get em.
Sneaky LBrain. Somehow I cannot envision you tiptoeing. But I can see you trying.

I grew up roaming a wild swath of land with quite a number of apple and pear trees. The deer used to eat up all the fallen apples - ALL of the apples including those fermenting. Then it would be a giant deer party in the grass! Beautiful to watch them run - generally and after the apple buzz wore off and party was over.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

One ticket for a sober weekend, conductor, please! One of these days, one of these days I will have a weekend with no plans (bimini ) but it still won't be this one... Chauffeuring around in store for me, as usual (petals ) But I also feel so overwhelmingly grateful not to lug around the baggage of a raging addiction with me anymore...