Old 10-10-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What's happening Erin?!!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Would you like to talk about it, Erin?
Old 10-10-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok, so you blew it. What is your strategy for getting back on track? Accept that you fell off track. You can make the choice to get back on right now and go from here. Do you need more support? Have you thought about going to an AA meeting? Try to identify the trigger that made you drink/use, and find a solution to combat that trigger next time. You can do this. You can't change the fact that you went out, but you can start your sobriety again. Hugs.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came back. Are you ready to try again?
Old 10-10-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Erin, I blew it a while back also. You just got to get up brush yourself off and start again. We're all here for you!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've blown it a few times. Back on day 2 today. You can do this don't let this slip throw you off track. Get right back on and do it
Old 10-10-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Me too, Erin. Let's get back on track.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

I'm so depressed. My medication isn't working yet and its giving me insomnia. I had a bad day at work and I thought I'd have a couple drinks but ... it didn't work. I'm so FRUSTRATED!!! I seriously CANNOT just have a couple drinks. It always ends with an empty bottle, throwing up and passing out, waking up with anxiety. I didn't even get out of bed until noon today. My son laid here with me and watched tv. I tried AA and it works when you really want it to, but yesterday I just didn't want help. I wanted to drink and so I did, so here I am again. I'm so angry and so sad and I just want to be happy ffs. I don't know what to do anymore.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Erin, I went round and round in circles for a long time, I listened to the myths and fairytales my mind sold me, how great things would be if I had a drink, what alcohol would add to my life, but it's all false, our minds sell us lies and we need to stop listening to them!!

Don't beat yourself up, simply recognise what went wrong this time and go at things again, apply what you've learned and you'll get there, don't let alcohol dictate your life anymore!!

You can do this!!
Old 10-10-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Let he/she who never blew it speak up.......(crickets chirping)
We are all here cause at some point we blew it.

It took a lot of attempts for me(don't be me~) before I could even get 4 months.......Had to run the gauntlet many times. But, please learn from who, what and why this happened - give yourself a break and start over. It's there for all if you who have reached the point of willingness.......

Pick yourself up.....we are here to help~
Frank Sinatra | Pick Yourself Up - YouTube

peace
Old 10-10-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flynbuy View Post

Pick yourself up.....we are here to help~
Frank Sinatra | Pick Yourself Up - YouTube

peace
I like the version by Nat King Cole...very smooth. Heard it on Breaking Bad

Nat "King" Cole & George Shearing - Pick Yourself Up - YouTube
Old 10-10-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, Erin, when you said, "I tried AA and it works when you really want it to, but yesterday I just didn't want help. I wanted to drink and so I did, so here I am again." My heart burst! That is how I feel about my relapsing.

Okay, so you drank and it wasn't a good idea. It's done now. You can only move forward and figure out why you did it, aside from you just wanting to drink.

This might sound weird but I walk past seven liquor stores on my way home from work and the thing that stopped me from going into them was eating Hula Hoops and chocolate as I walked home. It's not ideal, but it worked. I didn't have a craving as I went past those easily accessible places!

I have a list of AA meetings that I can go to that fit in with work so that I can go to one whenever I want. I really recommend setting aside half an hour to make a similar list so that you know that if you're having a bad day, there is a place to go.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yep; we have all been there, Erin. If giving up alcohol was easy, there would be no need for SR, AA and on and on.

Learn from the past while realizing that the past is over; the future is all that is important and it belongs to you. Look for ways to ramp up your program (resolve to go to AA even, and especially, when you don't want to), maybe read up on AVRT.

You can do this, Erin.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Just another day...

New day, start over. Lord knows I have blown it and started over again.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

You can do it Erin! Dont give up!
Old 10-10-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I used that drinking until I was sick feeling, waking up with anxiety feeling, and feeling like I wanted to die feeling, to keep me from drinking. It has worked for me, but so has the support of my family and some friends. I wanted to drink a few days ago, but didnt because I kept thinking back to the last time I made myself sick from drinking. I wish I could impart some magical wisdom on you and say this is the magic bullet but I cant. You need to find what is going to motivate you. I am what is motivating me will not work soon enough so I am trying to work on a few new motivation techniques.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Erin, You aren't giving up & that's what counts. As the others said, we've all been there. I got off to a rocky start but finally got it right. You will too.