Notices

Cant do it anymore....

Old 10-08-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Serindad,

Sorry to hear you are struggling. The cravings can be unbearable but you can get through this. Whatever it takes and if it means going back to meetings so be it. Humility is meant to be good for you spiritually. If you feel people are judging you that is not your concern more theirs. You have been around long enough to know how serious your situation is.

I found your post interesting in that you stayed sober for 6 years. You have probably posted this already but what led to your relapse?

I am in to my 4th year of sobriety and even though I don't get to any meetings lately I still believe that the AA program is still important in my sobriety.

I wish you all the very best in your sobriety and am interested in reading more of your posts, your experience has a lot to teach me about relapse.

CaiHong
Old 10-08-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

white knuckling and gritting your teeth is exhausting and tiring for sure...it can make us even more vulnerable....I remember.

What I always tried to do was to 'beef up' my support...I talked to a lot of people, took their suggestions on board... and tried every approach I could think of.

Use that gritting teeth energy to find some help instead Serenidad

I really believe that a successful recovery needs to be active not passive.

You can do this

D
Old 10-08-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Treat yourself to something else. Indulge yourself. Get your mind off the booze.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I remember how excited you were the other day when you made it a whole week. Don't want to lose that excitement do you?
Old 10-08-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I really believe that a successful recovery needs to be active not passive.
^^^^ This. I truly believe we just need to keep seeking things..persons, places and things that SUPPORT sobriety..a sober life. We have to keep looking for "sober yes's" so to speak rather than some 24/7 focus on some giant NO..the closed door...the past...

SR supports my sobriety. My AA homegroup and the small community I found there..supports my sobriety. Healthy friends and activities support my sobriety. Reading..movies...good food...

Great conversations with folks who understand!!

We just can't drop the bottle and sit on a chair and weep. Go discover how to live...you've been struggling so so so long. I haven't been online too much of late..cuz well, quite frankly... I've been busy...living sober...and for the most part...really enjoying it.

This is a sober quest...this is life..there are discoveries about yourself and life to be made.

Get going my friend. You can do this...and it doesn't have to be this hard and painful.