Notices

Flight Pattern

Old 07-25-2004, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Flight Pattern

Here's an article that was shown to me today that I like to compare to the "Don't Quit" bus. It was originally published in AA's Grapevine Magazine by an anonymous writer from Canada. Canada, our friendly neighbors from above. Although the article is lengthy, it is well worth reading. Some of you may have already read it, but its worth another peek. The difference between the geese and our bus, is we use a different mode of transportation.

It's a good thing we rotate seats on the bus, or we'd all be in big trouble.
Next time when you see geese heading south for the winter, flying along in a V formation, you might like to consider what science has discovered about why geese fly this way.

It has been learned that as each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in a V formation, the whole flock adds at least seventy-one percent greater range then if each bird flew on its own.

People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going quicker and easier, because they are traveling on the uplift of one another.
When a goose falls out of formation, it immediately feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone, and quickly gets back onto formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird immediately in front.

If we have as much sense as a goose, we will stay in formation with those who are headed in the same way we are going.
When the lead goose gets tired, it rotates back in the formation and another goose flies point.

It pays to take turns doing hard jobs.
Geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

We too say something when we “honk from behind.�
Finally (now I want you to get this), when a goose gets sick or is wounded by gunshots and falls out, two geese fall out of formation and follow it down to help and protect it. They stay with the ailing goose until it is either able top fly or until it dies; then they launch out on their own or with another formation to catch up with the group.

If we have the simple sense of a goose, we will stand by each other like that.
I hope you enjoyed the article. To any newcomers out there that may be reading this, you can look forward to this type of support, when you hop aboard the "Don't Quit" bus. Honk! Honk!

Take care,

Talia
Old 07-26-2004, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had seen that before Talia, but it's one of those analogies that gets better
every time you read it. Thanks for sharing.
Rowan
Old 07-26-2004, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've never heard that before, I really like it.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

I am sitting here at my desk, fighting back tears! WE ARE like the geese. It is such a beautiful thought. Thank you Talia!!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Talia :rose :

Absolutely Wonderful! Yes, WONDERFUL, both you and the piece you've posted. Keep up the splendid work in your Recovery. You are a precious gift to all you come in contact with. This posting reminds me of Spiritual Rotation, one of the spiritual principles which keeps US functioning very effectively together within Unity to Alcoholics Anonymous.

(((((((((TALIA ))))))))),
ThreeLegs
Old 07-26-2004, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

I know the next time I watch geese flying in formation, I"ll view it with different eyes. It will be a meaningful experience. I'll stop and wonder..."how did they get that bus in the air"? Cool.

Talia
Old 07-26-2004, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((Talia))))) I'm like lulu here, only I don't have to hold the tears back. LOVE YOU GIRL. Thanks for sharing that. This fall when they fly over, I'll be sending them my blessings.

I've always been amazed watching them fly over every fall and spring in perfect formation, but now I'll see it with a different light.

We all stop and watch them, it's truly a site to see. Usually every morning four fly by my house, gonna really smile at that gang now. Oh yeah and loons, I love the sound of them, there's usually two that fly by early in the morning.

Thanks again.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

s for ya Denise.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Thought I'd give this one a *bump*. It was well worth another read. Gotta love those geese. Oh...and you guys too!!!!:ilu
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
flight pattern.jpg (1.8 KB, 478 views)
Old 08-05-2004, 10:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

Awesome Talia, it is deffinately worth another read, sorry I missed it the first time. This "honk" is for you and everyone else here working towards a better way of life. mike
Old 08-06-2004, 03:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
peace2u

Hi Talia,
I've been honkin' into Kleenex from the analogy to right here. All of you

ARE THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS!

HONK IF YOU LOVE SR!

Old 08-06-2004, 04:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Chy

Been awhile since I've seen it. Alway's brings on a little lift in my day!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Honk!!!!!!Honk!!!!!Honk!!!!!

Old 08-17-2004, 08:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Honk Honk Honk

(((((((Talia )))))))

Thought this needed to be bumped again! I searched it out after seeing the Spirit in action yesterday, both F2F & in here. Great to see folks come together and work in Unity, even with our differences of specific programs.

I had a wonderful opportunity to share with another alcoholic in the chatroom this morning because SR really Works! Look forward to many more such opportunities to be of service here.

(((((((((( :35: SR A-Z with #'s included)))))))))))))),
Kiss Heart of Spirit
In Love & Service,
Three Legs
:tri
Old 08-17-2004, 09:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for the bump 3legs. Yes I agree, Sr really does work. I watched in working in top form yesterday, as well. A couple of newcomers where reaching out and received some great support and encouragement. What a wonderful experience to be a part of. It brings a huge smile to my face. Well you fly lead formation today for awhile, I'm your wing man. I'm right behind you!!! Take care all...love ya!!!

Honk Honk Honk

Talia
Old 08-23-2004, 07:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((((Talia))))))
I've been out of town for a bit & certainly hope the flock is flying in VVVVVery fine formation with leadership filled with Spirit and adept it it's Vision. The Spirit of Rotation can and does work when HP is invited in for Group Conscience.

(((((((((SR A-Z #'s included)))))))))) Missed you all and grateful to be back in the flock.

Three Legs
Old 09-02-2004, 10:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks guys. The formation has flown me into day 60. My arms are a little tired, other then that, I feel great.

HONK, HONK, HONK!!!

Old 09-02-2004, 11:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Talia, great news you are flyin strong and you are helping to keep the formation in flight.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Honk to the front Honk to the rear Honk in the middle

Talia :rose :
Congratulations on your 60th day my friend!

Many more such gifts are hoped and prayed for you. Stay in the V formation and honk when you need assistance or just need to be heard. Honk Honk Honk blowing your horn on a another wonderful day you can remember.

Three Legs
:tri
Old 09-02-2004, 06:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

HONK!!!