Notices

I fell off the wagon big time...

Old 10-03-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah, time to focus on what's important. I deleted the messages from facebook. The last thing I need to do is bring extra drama into my life. If people want to slander me there it really doesn't matter. Time to move on from all that.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Most of the rest of your original post makes a lot of sense. You do need to cut off your toxic relationships, completely in my opinion - as in blocking numbers on your phone ( or getting a new number ) and getting off of facebook.

You are also on to something when you say that you need to simply face up to this. For me acceptance of the fact that I am an alcoholic and that I can never drink, no matter what, was crucial as well.

Your sentence I copied above I disagree 100% with though - drinking is not inevitable or "bound" to happen - it's a choice you make. It is inevitable that you will most likely have cravings and temptations, but how you deal with them is a free choice you can make. Stick around here and use SR to learn how - and perhaps consider seeking some local support too, it can't hurt right?

Glad you are back.
There is a point where personal accountability determines our success or failure in all of this...In all our recoveries. I figure we all need to own up to that at some point.
I'm sorry for your troubles.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

All I can do now is try to keep my troubles to a minimum and get healthy again.

What a horrible feeling. Am I ever paying for it today.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Most of the rest of your original post makes a lot of sense. You do need to cut off your toxic relationships, completely in my opinion - as in blocking numbers on your phone ( or getting a new number ) and getting off of facebook.

You are also on to something when you say that you need to simply face up to this. For me acceptance of the fact that I am an alcoholic and that I can never drink, no matter what, was crucial as well.

Your sentence I copied above I disagree 100% with though - drinking is not inevitable or "bound" to happen - it's a choice you make. It is inevitable that you will most likely have cravings and temptations, but how you deal with them is a free choice you can make. Stick around here and use SR to learn how - and perhaps consider seeking some local support too, it can't hurt right?

Glad you are back.
Scott hit this dead on. Relapse is not bound to happen. Granted it happens to many; me included; but not inevitable.

Use the strength you found during your last string of days sober. Focus on that and not picking up the first drink.

Best of luck! You can do this.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad you are back.
Scott is bang on with this 5000% agree
Old 10-03-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are in pain polar blue. I removed myself from Facebook when I got sober and it was the one of the best things I ever did. I have recently restarted to try and reconnect with peoe but in all honesty it seems full of people that show off and attention seek. I hope you feel better soon
Old 10-03-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I hear you; I should deactivate it. **% of the time once I sober up I regret saying certain things. Now every time I hear a car door shut I'm looking out the window. lol
Old 10-03-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Awwww, that's a bummer PolarBlue. I agree with the others who said that drinking didn't have to be inevitable, but I'm glad you're back here posting and starting over. Good for you.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks. After my round of liquid courage I think I have more incentive to stay sober. One of many reasons not to go back.