Notices

Here we go again

Old 10-02-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again

Hi, i just came across this site again after being on it in 2011.! Since then my drinking has been just as bad and miserable. Longest i have managed to stay off the drink in the last 17 years is three weeks after going to a few AA meetings, that was almost a year ago.

I've been reading a lot of posts on here and i've been feeling like a lot of people have been feeling before.

I just feel so down and miserable, very low self esteem and feeling of hopelessness. I'm going to give AA another go tomorrow night. I don't know where else to turn to. I've not had a drink for four days now but i've been feeling more depressed than ever.

Something has to give, i can't keep going in this vicious circle of being drunk thursday to sunday then having to work all week feeling so low and putting on a smile and pretending everything is fine. Lots of things i could type but just can't think of them right now, My head just feels fried from drink.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Steve! You're right, we've been there and can totally relate to those feelings. You will find a lot of support and understanding here. Please keep posting.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I went round and round in circles for a long time, that same cycle, but at some point we need to get off the merry-go-round of alcoholism, finally say no more!!

Are you doing it on sheer willpower? as until I figured out I needed support, something to get me out of my own mind on that Thurs night, the results didn't change!!

AA is a good idea and here on SR you'll find loads of support!!

Welcome!!
Old 10-02-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Well, quit Steve.
You don't ever have to feel that way again if......
4 days is a good start!

Willingness & Desire are the keys = TODAY!
Ask for help, here and elsewhere.

Few Days back some one started a thread about making a plan....Sounds like starting AA may be a good foundation for your plan! It was for me not long ago.

Glad you're here! Come get some!

peace
Old 10-02-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Steve glad your here mate
Old 10-02-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Steve, I kept on that cycle far too long. Eventually, I drank every night of the week instead of Thurs-Sun so I was walking into work each morning half-drunk. My job performance plummeted. My outlook on life was miserable. I just wanted to drink.

I ended up unemployed and drinking vodka every waking moment alone in my apartment for close to 2 years.

The pace you are on right now will not end well, I promise you. I lost everything before I finally went to rehab. I had literally only two suitcases of clothes left.

Reach out to someone you trust and of course this site is always here.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know how you feel Steve. You are not alone. I have written your exact post several times in the past. I am bound and determined. Congrats on 4 days, you are off to a great start.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Steve. It was such a relief to finally get off that rollercoaster and start living for me, I hope you can find the same peace. Have a good meeting tonight and don't be a stranger around here, there is tons of support and info.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, Steve!

I'm glad you are doing whatever it takes to get and stay sober.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the great replies. I have worked out over the years i can't do it alone. I'm really going to try and go to AA tomorrow, i know if i don't i'll just end up drinking over the weekend again for sure.
I just can't imagine myself living without drinking although theres nothing i want more.
I'm going to keep reading here everyday, if i don't i'll just convince myself i don't have a problem and i'll be on the booze again in no time.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck Steve
Old 10-02-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Steve - there's lot of support and good advice here - use us

D