Notices

Attempted Murder

Old 10-01-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

LOL anattaboy. I wondered what that was.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just did 3 yrs. in prison for a blackout. I learned to meditate and that doing it sober in my home is preferable.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Could fall under the not yet category.
It's something that I have not done yet.
Add booze and anything is possible.

I'm writing to two that are in prison.
These two were sober at one time.
Went back out and the yets caught up with them.

MM
I like this. . . The Yets! I really don't want any of The Yets alcohol has to offer.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

wow. I thought my blackouts were bad. This is horrible, beyond horrible.
I actually had a friend msg me yesterday, a girl I met in detox in May. She keeps relapsing, I don't think she's gone longer than 2 or 3 days sober since we met. Anyways, she said she has found herself in some trouble. I guess she blacked out last week and actually started strangling her girlfriend. The GF has a child. The neighbours heard (although this was the first PHYSICAL altercation, it wasn't the first of screaming fights)...Child services is now involved. She doesn't recall what happened.
Scary.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If it wasn't for alcohol the court lists would be very short.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post
When I was 17, and riding my bike on a bicycle trip, I saw a man die. I was the last person on earth his eyes ever saw before he crashed and closed them forever.

It was supposed to be me who died or at least me along with him. His car was heading straight for me until the last millisecond before death...what replays as an eternity. He turned his head and our eyes locked just before he hyper-corrected his course and crashed into a Mack truck instead.

Words cannot describe. Afterwards, the police told me he was a father of 2, husband, son. There was a recurring figure in my dream every night for years after that - and periodically until this day. I was told that our souls are forever connected. I believe it.
The 'man' was intoxicated. I left out this detail because, very surprisingly, up until I wrote out this story it seemed incidental.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks for starting the thread. It just reminded me why I've stopped drinking - I've done some very silly things while under the influence (nothing like that though) and that has to stop.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post
When I was 17, and riding my bike on a bicycle trip, I saw a man die. I was the last person on earth his eyes ever saw before he crashed and closed them forever.

It was supposed to be me who died or at least me along with him. His car was heading straight for me until the last millisecond before death...what replays as an eternity. He turned his head and our eyes locked just before he hyper-corrected his course and crashed into a Mack truck instead.

Words cannot describe. Afterwards, the police told me he was a father of 2, husband, son. There was a recurring figure in my dream every night for years after that - and periodically until this day. I was told that our souls are forever connected. I believe it.

My god. I'm sure I'm not on my own in being glad you're still here.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I had several scary black-outs during my drinking days. I actually remember them happening slightly but it was like I had no control over my thoughts and actions. I would get in fights with strangers, fights with friends, and even my own brother. I don't why, but the black-outs always seem to manifest as blinding rage. I was never an angry or aggressive person sober.

I am lucky I never seriously hurt someone nor get hurt myself. It took me a while to catch on what I am capable of doing during a black-out. I have woken up in jail at least 5 times wondering how I got there. My family tells me I am like Dr Jekyl one moment, calm and seemingly enjoying myself, then something may set me off a second later and I am Mr Hyde looking to destroy the world.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I had several scary black-outs during my drinking days. I actually remember them happening slightly but it was like I had no control over my thoughts and actions. I would get in fights with strangers, fights with friends, and even my own brother. I don't why, but the black-outs always seem to manifest as blinding rage. I was never an angry or aggressive person sober.

I am lucky I never seriously hurt someone nor get hurt myself. It took me a while to catch on what I am capable of doing during a black-out. I have woken up in jail at least 5 times wondering how I got there. My family tells me I am like Dr Jekyl one moment, calm and seemingly enjoying myself, then something may set me off a second later and I am Mr Hyde looking to destroy the world.
This is me exactly. There are demons locked up somewhere and alcohol seems to think it's funny letting them out.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
It's so scary because my last blackouts were bad. (All were bad but the latter were very scary.) I also got violent sometimes. I don't know if I would or could do something like that but who knows, I wouldn't remember anything I did. I'm just glad I have some time under my belt and I'm mending relationships.
I didn't know such a thing really happened... Maybe that could explain the death of my xabf's last girlfriend.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ugh, scary stuff. And it all starts with, "I just want to drink and have a good time".
Old 10-03-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Update: not guilty on the attempted murder (no intent) but guilty of wanton endangerment. 3 yrs in prison. He is pretty too so he will make a nice GF for someone in jail. Yikes!!! So happy I will NEVER again blackout!!! Let this be a reminder to me of what alcohol can do to some of us.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Great reminder thread about how dangerous a black out can be. I became a complete raging lunatic as I always stuffed my anger down rather than showing it; I guess alcohol and being in the black out make the anger come out. So dangerous. Lucky I didn't kill myself or others.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

My blackouts were bad
Old 10-03-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Homo erotic

Update: not guilty on the attempted murder (no intent) but guilty of wanton endangerment. 3 yrs in prison. He is pretty too so he will make a nice GF for someone in jail. Yikes!!! So happy I will NEVER again blackout!!! Let this be a reminder to me of what alcohol can do to some of us.
Funny how casually mentioning male prison rape like that is acceptable and almost like it's part and parcel of the punishment.

Bit sick when it comes from someone who works in the courts. That's what all that talk of crime and punishment does to you I suppose and being spoken down to by men in wigs and gowns. Dirty so and sos.

Try saying that about a woman who's just been sentenced to three years...'ooh she'll make a nice playmate for the screws. Yikes!!'

Just saying
Old 10-03-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I agree, AncientMariner. I have a huge problem with "prison justice" and how it's accepted and even considered a good thing that people in prison for committing horrible crimes should be allowed to dispense their own form of justice.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yeah, pretty offensive to mention prison rape - in my opinion, no need to be calloused and cruel just because someone else made a horrible mistake.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I said yikes. I don't think it is a good thing, but it is reality and it's sad for this man who did something horrible during a blackout. Consequences are just terrible all around. Some judges are women, you know, it isn't all old men... Interesting how some people project their views and opinions to my words... And that exact same thing happens to women in jails all over the world also...
Old 10-03-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I said yikes. I don't think it is a good thing, but it is reality and it's sad for this man who did something horrible during a blackout. Consequences are just terrible all around. Some judges are women, you know, it isn't all old men... Interesting how some people project their views and opinions to my words... And that exact same thing happens to women in jails all over the world also...
I agree with Nowsthetime. He's not saying the man should be raped. He is merely commenting on the reality of prison life. Don't kill the messenger.