Notices

Attempted Murder

Old 10-03-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I agree with Nowsthetime. He's not saying the man should be raped. He is merely commenting on the reality of prison life. Don't kill the messenger.
He is pretty too so he will make a nice GF for someone in jail. Yikes!!!

That 'quip' was what I was responding to. So the messenger was the orchestrator of the message in this case.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
It's so scary because my last blackouts were bad. I don't know if I would or could do something like that but who knows, I wouldn't remember anything I did.
i did that too, i woke up and wondered if i did anything or said anything.
could you imagine going to prison for something you have no memory of.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

The GF comment did it BUT: he is pretty. Actually really good looking professional young man with a beautiful family... Has no business in jail. I need to be more careful how I say things. As usual it is not what I say but how I say it. It's just a shame. I feel for this guy. He was petrified! And for his wife... Now she's going to have to do it alone... It sucks!

Tone, Nowsthetime, tone...
Old 10-03-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
The GF comment did it BUT: he is pretty. Actually really good looking professional young man with a beautiful family... Has no business in jail. I need to be more careful how I say things. As usual it is not what I say but how I say it. It's just a shame. I feel for this guy. He was petrified! And for his wife... Now she's going to have to do it alone... It sucks!

Tone, Nowsthetime, tone...
Yeah, crap situation all around.

To think all of that hassle and hardship...just because of alcohol. It's crazy, watching a movie of someone going through that or seeing a family member going through a hellish situation because of alcohol......it's seems so easy, all they have to do is not drink! leave the alcohol alone and then your free! I want to scream at them!!!

...my own brother comes to mind. Sometimes it's easy to look at someone else's life objectively. Now if I can keep on applying that same objectivity to my own life..
Old 10-03-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AncientMariner View Post
Funny how casually mentioning male prison rape like that is acceptable and almost like it's part and parcel of the punishment.
I agree. National Geographic runs shows like "Lockdown" and "Hardtime". I watch those, and i read up on prisons.
Gangs in prisons are very strong, and if you're in a gang it's much easier than if you're not. The wardens don't seem too concerned if one of the other prisoners is beaten up, persecuted and humiliated. I understand that prisons are for punishment, but the punishments shouldn't be "we'll throw everyone in a giant building and let the strongest groups enslave people who don't know anyone. It's their own fault for breaking the law, and it makes our prison guard jobs easier to allow the strong to distract themselves by torturing the weak, like killer whales do to seals "

Now that video surveillance is extremely cheap, why aren't there cameras everywhere to control the way prisoners are monitored and what they do?
Becauses prisoners who grew up in gangs have it much easier in prison than people who didn't.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I googled "dui prison", and there are so many stories of people who received 1,2,3,4,5+ year sentences because they were drunk & driving and someone else was hurt or killed. And these are stories from the past few months.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

A friend of mine, his family member got blackout drunk and killed a guy with a ballpoint pen, right in the chest, right into the heart. I think that person is out of prison, but they were locked up tight for a number of years. I can't even imagine waking up in the drunk tank with a rager of a hangover and finding out that that is your new reality.