Notices

Depressed myself, gads this sucks

Old 09-23-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depressed myself, gads this sucks

I poured myself into my last post but depressed myself, I want a perfect life, but don't think that possible. Not sure why but descended into a bad place, I am CRAZY, nobody cares, I poured my life out and it doesn't matter. I will forever be NUTs and useless, disabled daughter, broken family and done. So weird I've been managing, but posting about me made me depressed, I am strange, good day. Bought my book today, "The Glass Castle" but entered a weird funk, maybe because unemployment isn't working I still don't have the rent and expired my positive thinking.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Started well today, but sliding to a bad place, I don't know what is going on Forget it all, I am ok, I am sliding!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

TDG, it seems the situation you're in would prompt anyone to feel negative at some point. A person without a mental disorder is going to feel discouraged in a situation like this, so I wouldn't worry too much that you're reacting this way because of mental issues. This is one of those life situations that's going to stress anyone to the max. Financial issues are hugely stressful. Please go easy on yourself.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No one has a perfect life. It's part of being Human. Those who claim they do have a perfect life ignore the icky bits of life.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey, thatdeliverguy, I don't usually post here - mostly on the friends and families - but I do follow your threads, and you are awesome.

You have been doing awesome, but most of all you ARE awesome. You have made a decision, and you are sticking to it. You are sober. You are taking your medication. You are looking for work and working when you can.

This is the path that I so wish the alcoholic in my life had taken: commitment to recovery.

I read the Glass Castle and it is a wicked depressing book, stunning in its own way, but a real downer. Maybe take it back to the store? A happy movie, a happy book, an AA book, anything else that is positive will be better than the Glass Castle right now.

Does your physician tell you to take extra medication when your mood swings? You might call him/her and see what you can do if the mood swing persists.

As for all the bad things, yes, we all have bad things, but some days we see them as dark and some days we see them as bearable and some days we see them as reality, just the way it is, and not the definition of who we are or how we feel.

Take care, you've got so many people here rooting for you.

ShootingStar1
Old 09-23-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Life will always have ups and downs, as will our recoveries.

You have a lot on your plate and major hurdles, TDG. Be gentle on yourself. Take it one day at a time, one step at a time, one emotion at a time; baby steps are just fine.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The Perfect Life is like The Perfect Hike.

On The Perfect Hike, all your gear works as expected, you don't get any blisters, it never rains, and birds follow you singing sweetly all day.

On a normal hike, gear fails, you get blisters even on your hands from your hiking poles, it rains and gets hot and humid, and the only singing is from the happy cloud of mosquitoes following you.

Real life is never rainbows and unicorns. It's always blisters and thorns. Smiling and rejoicing through the blisters and thorns is what we have to learn to do.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jeremy focus.... just breath and focus, your having a mood swing just stay calm its ok Jeremy things are going well cant be good all the time your under stress and its bringing unwanted emotions realise this

so what book did you decide on ?

3 Anxiety Breathing Techniques You Can Practice*Anywhere - Anxiety Slayer - Self help anxiety relief: podcasts, guided meditations and supportive downloads
Old 09-23-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was brutally honest as always, there is redemption in being honest, but in my post I found myself getting engulfed in life again. I have my book ( maybe not the best) but an afternoon to enjoy myself in some way.

I post about everything gambling addiction, alcoholism, smoking addiction, mental illness, I don't ever hide. I know someone somewhere is going to read my post and relate. so I am brutal honest and real.

Not sure why but my last post depressed me and I got lost and felt out of place. However, I am going to recover, I am doing what is right, I am sober and getting better. I sacrificed so much for this, and I am not going to begrudge one day, for my absolutely and total sobriety. Yeah I am bipolar, crazy and go up and down in minutes, but I am proud of me and will keep posting my real and original thoughts.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're doing great Jeremy!!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This too shall pass dawwwlliinngg!!! A bunch of us are rooting for you! You are in a rough spot and you should be very proud of how far you have come. Don't strive for perfect. Perfect is boring.