Notices

Dental issues....

Old 09-22-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dental issues....

Another thing to thank drinking for. Need to get some form of gum treatment for beginning gum disease. I start this evening. I've never had an issues until now, guess I've been lucky considering my habits(drinking & passing out before brushing). The dentist questioned me about health issues and habits, but didn't mention drinking. A light bulb went off in my head as I left the office. Low and behold I ran home and Google search came up with lots of alcohol/dental problem links. The list of reasons to remain a non drinker gets longer everyday.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeap, one of my new routines when I got Sober was brushing and flossing every night, I used to blackout into bed each night, so teeth brushing was definitely not on the nightly wind down routine!!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcoholism - the disease of neglect.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi pumpkinny, I'm glad you posted about this. I've been there both due to my past eating disorders and later drinking times. Plus, I'd always been quite self-conscious about my natural teeth before I decided to give Nature a little modern technology... For me it was more an actual issue with the teeth rather than gum, but both tendencies were present. Also, I guess I got "bad genes": both my father and mother had bad teeth. I've spent a fortune on dental work in my adult life and I will tell you it's been investment I've never regretted! And I've accepted that this area will always require care and probably also money for the rest of my life. I'm fine with it.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Corsodyl will help