Notices

Another hangover!!

Old 09-21-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I made it through my first day...a beautiful Sunday afternoon, which is usually a trigger, and now I'm am scared for tomorrow because that voice really does start to yell at me on my way home from work. I tell myself that I'll just have one to relax and before I know it I've overdone it again and wake up the big talker who says that it won't happen again tonight, but it does. Thanks for sharing, it helps to know that others have the exact same thoughts, hopefully I can ignore the voice tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

No support except SR. I haven't shared my addiction with anyone and I do it in the comfort of my own home. Every time I make plans and end up having to cancel because I'm hungover, I use some other excuse. I'm so afraid of people knowing how I really am that I don't hangout with anyone regularly. Until a month ago it was my husband and I drinking together every night. He's on an unaccompanied tour for a year right now though so I'm trying to take advantage and get myself sober before he comes back.

I'm just going to take it one day at a time like advised and pray I'm strong enough to succeed. I'm going to try doing my workout in the evening and see if that takes my mind off it. Right now I'm feeling confident but I know that can change at any moment.

Good luck and congrats on your day 1 success!!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Another Hangover! Something similar happens to me. I feel so sick (both physically and mentally/morally) when I am hungover that the only way to make me feel better is to tell myself this is the last time I will feel this way. Then Thursday or Friday comes back and it is like my commitment, no matter how strong, fades. Then it is just a matter of time until Im back saying "ANOTHER HANGOVER!". Well, today I had one and hopefully it will be the last this time. It sucks being again at the bottom of the ladder, but the only thing we can't do is to stop trying to break the cycle.

What if we fail? I read a quote that says: Its not over until I win. Being back at the starting point just means you have a whole new road in front of you. Don't get discouraged and keep trying.

Best wishes.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cruzmami1 View Post
Why is it that I wake up in the morning telling myself, "I'm not going to drink today," but by 6pm I'm so ready to have a drink? And no matter what else I try to do or think about, I takes control and yet again I'm drinking. I hate it and it makes me hate myself.
You are probably alcoholic. You may wish to pick up a copy of the AA Big Book. It explains it all so well.

MM

available at AA meetings and on line

Alcoholics Anonymous: The Original 1939 Edition
Paperback
$8.36