Notices

Just controling the intake

Old 10-10-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
I would have never been satisfied with one or two. I craved getting drunk and my tolerance kept growing so I had to keep upping the intake to disgusting levels. Moderation never even interested me.
Exactly like me!! probably like every body here that decided to stop alcohol completely!!

Happy sober day to you!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I open my bottle of Cognac and promise myself "i would only have 4 shots". Next thing you know, im on my second bottle saying the same thing lol.

As much as i want to be a moderate drinker, it's not for me and i have to accept that fact.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Saturday night... alone and bored... my favorite hockey team is on TV but takes a beating and I'm just feeling like going to bed already... I should have gone to the movies...

Day 22 and feeling really strong about my sobriety... I don't have any problems not to drink tonight and it scares me because normaly, when I'm alone is when my AV gets out strong... I'm even questioning myself why I don't have a fight... it's like not normal! Oh well, good for me I guess!
Old 10-11-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

22 days is awesome! Congratulations!!

Old 10-11-2014, 10:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Congrats dude.

Looking at some other blogs, around the 21 - 25 day mark seems a common time to give in. You can do it!
Old 10-12-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eshgham View Post
Congrats dude.

Looking at some other blogs, around the 21 - 25 day mark seems a common time to give in. You can do it!
I most admit that my AV is talking less and les and less to me, but when he does, he's really convincing! Stop drinking as to be a decision like your life is depending on it, because it gets tougher...
Old 10-12-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Day 23!

Early sunday morning.... wife and kids are away from the house, so I'll treat myself good this morning... going to the gym and beating myself up BIG TIME to celebrate another victory (a saturday night sober!)...

I feel stronger in stronger in my sobriety, taking myself away from situations that would create frustrations and checking-in on SR almost everyday was what I needed to succeed... Exacty what I didnt do all the other times that I failed!

Happy sober sunday to all of you!
Old 10-12-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Booya, love that gym high.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

Back to my original diary thread... I missed it very much!

I just red the whole thing from my beginning to my last post, because I need to ground myself up again!

No I haven't drink, but these days, I feel like my battle days are back!! I battled this demon from day 1 to about day 30... then I felt like it was a done deal, that I had recovered, that I was free!! (not so fast mister! says my AV) it's back now with a vengence... last saturday night was horrible, I felt like crying all night, I was sad and hangry about myself and everything in my life, suffering in silence inside of me... all of this because I was battling this desire to drink that was so damn strong...

Hey... I haven't drank... not one sip

Day 73 today.... and I need this board more then ever.... now that xmas time is coming, all the partying, the family reunions, gnaaaaaaaaaahhh!! I just can't wait for January 1st, waking up in the morning and saying to myself that I made it!

Glad to be back! and I hope you guys don't mind getting this diary thread up there on the board again!?!!?
Old 12-01-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 73 Alex

Yeah - it may seem like years but it's still early days...but you're doing great

D