Notices

Day 18

Old 09-19-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 18

Physically I feel good. Mentally I am depressed and sad. I'm lonely and feel I really have no one. After work this week the only human beings I've talked to are 2 neighbors briefly, my leasing consultant for my apartment and my boyfriend who lives 45 minutes away.

Maybe I'm just emotional because of being day 18. I don't know. Just wish I was happy.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yay, for Day 18!

So, Sinderos, what can you do today to help make yourself happy?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sinderos What about a support group ? Gym? Even a walk will get those endorphins going. Coffee shop with a book?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just a gentle suggestion. Sometimes drinking (or eating too much, or all types of compulsive activities) can mask a chemical depression.

Have you thought of seeing a doctor? There are medications to help with anxiety and depression, as well as all kind of coping skills and techniques to learn. Some people take medication for six months or a year just to deal with a stressful time, some for much longer periods. Just an idea.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sinderos you are doing something so amazing

youl feel better soon love reading your progress i know how much this means to you

big hugs and keep on keeping on
Old 09-19-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Hello Sinderos,

Happy - characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.

So what brings you pleasure, contentment or joy? People? If so, considering attending a meeting. Talk with folks on SR. SR's chat doesn't work on my Chromebook, but it will likely work on your PC.

And then always remember and never forget. Happiness is a state of mind. We make ourselves as happy or as miserable as we choose. It's not so easy as flipping a switch inside our brain, but with practice, we can steer our thinking & moods.

Feel better & keep posting.

BTW - great job achieving 18 days!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Part of my mood is feeling lonely. I have an opportunity to go to a church singles group meeting tonight which I know not a soul at. Although I do enjoy church and church activities, the thought of sitting through a lady giving her testimony then breaking into prayer groups just doesn't sound appealing to me tonight. (The prayer group thing in particular.

I thought about driving over to my boyfriends house but he has dinner plans with an out of town aunt & uncle. He said I could still come (I have a key) but why bother.

I suppose I am partially at cause for my unhappiness and sadness today. I've got a new puppy at home that I adore (along with a 2 year old pup) that has taken all of my spare time this week. Even my lunch hours. I'm feeling a bit stressed and wanting adult company. Guess I'm wallowing in self pity and need to just get over it so to speak.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

i got a dog a jack russell !

love dogs love puppies more too cute what breed sinderos ?

i left my washing on sofa for 5 mins running to get it in from the rain i come back to get it and my dog has now quickly moved to another chair like nothings happened yet my clothes now resemble a dog basket with dog hair on them hes a short haired prime jack russell looks adorable yet he can be a menance at times

dont know what id do without him love him so much
Old 09-19-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It'll pass. I told my daughter only today,who is very down in the dumps, put something funny on the television and open all your curtains really wide to let lots of light in. Used to work for me anyway x
Old 09-19-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

These are my babies. They're playing. lol The bigger one is a Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix and the baby is a Shih Tzu. They are so much fun. (The puppy is a lot of work!!) I too don't know what I would do with out them Sober Wolf. I've had Katie (my 2+ year old) since she was 7 months old. They are both full of energy and so much fun. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-18619379.jpg (58.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 09-19-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

awwwwww this is beautiful

sinderos i dont know how to post pics but there is pic of my dog in my album on my profile page

love the pic