Notices

7 days, 29 years old but getting bad pains. really scared

Old 09-18-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomasthetank View Post
Maybe not. The thing is it's important to get checked out, cos you never know. But think of it like having a routine cancer check up, it's just something you need to do to achieve peace of mind. That helped me through, anyway.
Sorry, I didn't mean to. What I meant was doctors do checks to rule out the worst possibility, it might be a 1 in a thousand chance but it's still a chance and they need to be sure. But that doesn't mean you need to get freaked out. Like, I got checked for heart disease, no family history, no symptoms, but as it was a small possibility they needed to check.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

let us know how it goes!

I'm keen to hear your experience. I had many years of weird pains, though mine were on the left and I thought them to be liver and pancreas pains.... always afraid to have them checked out.

I have had an endoscopy and found I have slight / early Barretts esophagus as well. Have been on proton blockers for reflux for many many years. If I try to go off them, I get terrible reflux within days. It's unbearable.

I don't know how much of it might be related to drinking. I've dealt with it as long as I can recall, and have been on meds since at least 19 years old.

I am currently trying to cut back on caffeine again - hoping that reducing or eliminating that, along with alcohol, might allow me to make another try at coming off the medications. Proton blockers really aren't studied for long term use and there is a cascading effect thorugh the digestive system of messing with the body's natural acid levels.....

acid helps digest foods and properly prepare them for nutrient uptake. Having years and years of medication can't be good. Surely there must be an impact.

But I'm rambling.... point is; I had a lot of scary pains in my abdomen and a lot of fears when I was drinking heavily. I'm almost 9 months sober now and haven't had any of those pains at all. I've been for checkups with my docotor and bloodwork / endoscopy all show nothing of concern apart from the mild barrett's.

Try not to let it get you too worked up. Worry is a waste of imagination.