Notices

Are you ok?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Courage it will help me today to check in to this thread and say I know I will be ok again but at the moment I'm tired, stressed and teary.

Sobriety has been a wonderful ride for me for 18 months, sure there have been occasional tough times but I have never been happier. For a few months now I've been under a bit of strain as my husband has had some pretty serious health issues but I've bounced back well. Over the past fortnight a number of circumstances have come together which are creating a lot of stress and I'm coping less well than I have for a long time. I will regain my equilibrium but I hate being in this place of strain and stress where I seem to be reacting instead of being proactive.

So today well no, I'm not OK but I'm much closer to being OK because you asked and I answered.

Thank you.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
p***enger

((Marcher13)) so glad you answered. You're staying on the beam, it's ok to wobble.

PS I love that you write "fortnight"!
Old 09-11-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
waking down

I'm doing surprisingly well considering it's a miracle I'm alive and came pretty close to going full on bonkers just a few months ago. I'm sitting in the doc's office waiting for a biopsy and a talk about my MRI results. Also need some other procedures you don't need to hear about.

Truth is I've lately mostly been feeling like each day is icing on the cake. Granted, the cake has been abused, gone stale, flopped, burnt, too much sugar, too much bitterness, and however else you might want to stretch a sloppy analogy, but right now I feel like a wedding cake. Some anxiety, but I'd be dead if I had none. I mean, who doesn't get a little anxious waiting for the doc?
Old 09-11-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
waking down

I was thinking about courage and some of the other fine posts. I think as a species we are generally more ok than we think we are. Mostly when I'm not ok it's pretty much all in my head. Maybe I'm not ok and just don't know, but that's why I'm at the doc, no?
Old 09-11-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

A couple of times random posters have messaged me to ask me if I am okay. These sweet, kind people aren't posters that I have had a particular connection with. When it first happened, I was sort of defensive and insecure about it, but now I see that it is just wonderful kindness and even when I am in a "good place", it feels so good to know that others truly care.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Never thought I would be here again...4am. Wife asleep, child asleep, staring out the window, very dark and feeling totally alone. Can't help but think there must be something wrong with me. Kinda scared. Thank you SR. Not sure what I would do without you guys. Fighting the urge not to hit "Send".
Old 09-12-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

hang in there sober808, this too shall pass...
Old 09-12-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I love that you posted this thread, Thank you for asking and I'm glad you can smile sometimes. Hopefully soon you will smiling most of the time!

I'm trying to be okay. I'm working at it and its still a work in progress but like you I'm smiling a little more... Its just hard when the bad days are so very bad and the good days are "maybe you can smile" ... But we have to keep on plugging on...
Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I am the last person to ask for help. I don't know if its stubborn pride or stupidity. Admitting I am an alcoholic took over 30 years and recently five days in the hospital. So glad I found SR and all of you wonderful people - your my lifeline. I have seriously been considering going to meetings. My wife and I have been talking about it but my inner voice says you can handle this. My AV has been screaming at me. 59 days sober so far has been my longest stretch. Toughest part for me has been trying to find things to do because I have all of this extra free time not drinking.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks to you all for hitting "send". Thinking of you, sober808.

There is another side of the whole alcoholic nightmare -- it starts with not taking that drink but it doesn't end there. It's called real life. Scary. Real. It's a wonderful thing to find out after all these years that you're a human being.

Hugs all around!