Notices

first date/blind date

Old 09-04-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I always had a no alcoholic drinks on a first date rule. I always ordered an iced tea on a first date. Not drinking keeps a guy on his toes in my opinion...keeps your senses intact and looks confident. If I drink on a first date, I might laugh and smile too much, then the guy thinks you like him, and maybe you don't. It's a first date, you need to get to know the guy. And most guys online fudge their info/stats, and lots use old photos...lol. I still tease my husband as his profile said he was taller than me when he's actually shorter than me. They were all shorter than me...which is fine, I don't care...but I just wish they had been honest. One guy fibbed about his height and then spent the entire date saying we were like Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman...ahhh!

So good luck and go on a lot of 1st dates...just don't drink alcohol.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've tried my hand at sober dating quite a bit the past 2 months. It is far better, although can take a little adjusting if you were like me and always consumed on past dates. Instead of worrying about how quickly I can order my next drink, how many drinks would raise her eyebrows, and where I can drink after the date is over, I focus on the conversation, pay attention to what she is saying, and generally have a far better experience.

You say a "glass of wine" but be serious, the part of you that wants to drink wants way more than a glass and will not be satisfied with that. If the guy is disappointed you aren't drinking, he's probably a bad dude to begin with anyway, and you should move on.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonib View Post

an plus to be able to social drink on a date would be awesome

for some non alcoholics it seems to be
but, if one is alcoholic
not smart thinking
MM
Old 09-04-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Women tend to get a little lose when drinking...some guys like that but not the right ones.

Its like I told my lady be classy respect yourself and not only will you intimidate most men but only the strong good hearted men will follow
Old 09-05-2014, 12:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
I always had a no alcoholic drinks on a first date rule. I always ordered an iced tea on a first date. Not drinking keeps a guy on his toes in my opinion...keeps your senses intact and looks confident.

Great point! So many people use booze as a crutch, a lazy way to make a date go better without putting any work into it. It's a smart idea to make the first one to three dates non-drinking. Of course, if you're in recovery all dates have to be sober!