Notices

did you change ?

Old 09-02-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah I shifted a few things around. Girlfriend left me on her own, so I didn't have to cut her loose. I quit drinking, that actually helped a lot with um . .staying sober. Yeah.

I stopped going to liquor stores or bars, ever. I like to think that the people working in the liquor store at the grocery store might have seen me walking past and said to themselves, "wow, that guy doesn't come here anymore, and he looks much healthier -- good for him!" but I doubt it even crossed their collective radar. We are all just dust, dust in the wind. .

I'd say I stopped hanging out with friends who drink but my list of friends I hang out with has whittled down over time, what with not maintaining relationships on the one hand, and people moving away on the other hand, and that probably is for the best, too.

I started spending more time with my family. Parents, child. That's all for the good. My family is more fun when I don't have shame of my own behavior nagging at me all the time.

I do more hobbies now (again), and fitness has become important to me. It's a personal challenge that doesn't involve anyone else and doesn't soak my limited funds, and it goes on, day after day, you get out what you put in, and you have to be diligent and devoted. In that way it's a lot like sobriety.

I would add more but I have to start work now. And a big Charlie Brown "AUUUUGH!" to that..

Enjoy your day folks!
Old 09-02-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The only change I made was not drinking, , all the other things just followed. I do miss socializing on weekends. Maybe it's time for a bf, lol.