Notices

Class of September 2014

Old 09-04-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Morning. Day 5 here. Or, should I say the BEGiNNING of day 5 here. Not to get ahead of myself. Much better sleep last night. A bit foggy this morning, but it feels so good to not have the anxiety and self loathing to wake up to after a night of drinking.

Best day to all. We can do this.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, it is so good to see everyone here being so positive about the future.
I got sober on Feb 20th 2011 after years and years of suffering then relapsed a little over a year ago, its been so hard getting back on track, never more than a few days strung together. I really want back what I know is out there waiting, a sober life, I seen it and its wonderful.

Day 4 here, this class rocks! Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-04-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hello everyone and great comments!...a lot to read. I too, will jump on the band-wagon a post a nice pic.

@JimJim, you'll get past 30/31 days this time...I can feel it!

@Inflagrante..This is very typical to have flashbacks, as if your mind already knows that you're going to reach out and grab a six-pack or a bottle. During the first few weeks, at the end of my work day, I flash-back with imagines in my head of excitement that I'm done for the day and going to stop at the liquor store. It's like I get this instant rush and then I have to pull myself together and say "Nope" we're not going in that direction.

I love the idea of all of us being together come October 1st.

I also like the idea of having a (1) year reunion, but I let's take (1) months a time. Come October 1st, we'll be saying (1) down, (11) more to go.

But seriously, I know from my experiences in the past that everyone manages in different ways. So, whatever works for you, you do it and take care of yourself!

Stay strong Septemberites.....
Old 09-04-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stiv View Post
Good morning everyone, it is so good to see everyone here being so positive about the future.
I got sober on Feb 20th 2011 after years and years of suffering then relapsed a little over a year ago, its been so hard getting back on track, never more than a few days strung together. I really want back what I know is out there waiting, a sober life, I seen it and its wonderful.

Day 4 here, this class rocks! Have a great day everyone!
Stiv, I know how you feel, but on the micro, compared to you. But I do truly understand because it's all relative. Having a few years of sobriety is merely a wish for me, but I'm going for it!

You know you can get back there, you've done it before. Use your positive past as leverage, but keep looking forward.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Still here.....Checking in.....hope everyone is doing well.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great pics guys!

Have a great sober day everyone

D
Old 09-04-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Sorry to say I broke last night. Had 2 beers. I could tell i was feeling a bit anxious and cracked. Glad I stopped at 2.

So back to Day 1 for me
Old 09-04-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hi Class. I'm on day 8. Very happy to be here and sober!

Thank you.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class, I am here to commit to another 24 hours sober!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gorc View Post
I am in 8 days now. My first weekend for so long also :-). Trying again but using AA this time and for some reason this time feels different maybe it is cathartic as I have come clean with people about my problem and not denied it or treatment so I am going to hopefully keep up the momentum with this group.

Was on a bottle a day of spirits leading into this attempt and a few issues (a drunk and disorderly) for so binging pretty hard but went cold turkey and had no real issues this time although all I could say is a little emotionally all over the place for a few days

Physically good no DT's.

The urge is not there as strong as previous but still on guard . Optimistic on this attempt and hope we can all make the month as a start
Hi all, this sounds like a mirror of myself! I'm on day 7 today, I was on at least a bottle of spirits a day or equivilant+bingeing on top. Have been like that for years. Lost the plot last Thursday night (aggravating the peace) ended up in the cells. Havnt drunk since, I have finally hit rock bottom. Not drinking has opened the flood gates of emotions I have been hiding and now I'm just left paroniod and worried all the time., I hate the person it made me ! I really do! I am having trouble looking in the mirror and the thorght of the things I've said and done over the years are eating away at me. I'm going round and round in circles in my head getting no where, I want it to stop!? I found this site today this is my first post I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm gunna go to the local aa meeting tomorrow I think !? I just don't know what to do
Old 09-04-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
On my way....

Welcome Tic, I know the debilitating anxiety too well myself. Stick close....lots of advice and support here!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
On my way....

Good morning class! Starting to feel more positive today, beginning of day 4. Coffee and SR begins my day again, it's a great start to my mornings....gets my head in the right place before I face the world!

I hope everyone has a great, sober day! Be blessed!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Tic127 - I'm so sorry for what you're going through. When I got fired last year, I went on a two week bender where I was drunk all day, every day. It was a really dark time, and I kept on drinking because I didn't want to face my behavior. And every time I had a glimmer of sobriety, I felt so depressed, and I really don't like thinking about some of the stuff I contemplated back then.
I'm not sure how I crawled out of that bender. I had to make a shift in how I was thinking and focus on something positive I could do to change my life. I find that accepting my failures can give me a degree of strength to move forward. You're human. Humans mess up -- nothing so special there! Forgiveness can be found if you start moving on a different path. Nothing's so bad that it can't change for the better.

Good luck and hang in there!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by halfvictory View Post
Sorry to say I broke last night. Had 2 beers. I could tell i was feeling a bit anxious and cracked. Glad I stopped at 2.

So back to Day 1 for me
Well done for stopping at two and getting back on here, don't let it give you a false sense of security you can always stop at 2. I slipped up and within weeks was back on 2 bottles of wine a night and feeling wretched.
We'll soon be at 30 days..
We can do this!!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good morning all. So grateful to be here and to have woken up on day 3 sober. I actually said a little prayer of thanks (being agnostic, this was pretty big for me). I flirted with drinking last night, fortunately all my go to favorites are out of the house and I was only left with gin, which I hate. The fact that I came so close to drinking something I really don't like is fairly telling about my state of mind.

JimJim - my original class was August 2012, so we are in the same boat!

Must get back to work but just wanted to check in with my new virtual family. Have a great day/night/morning.

Pan
Old 09-04-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Good morning class. I'd like to join up.

I have realized that:
1). I like my sober self and sober life
2). Alcohol no longer brings me the joy that it used to

Therefore, I'm committed to quitting. Another day 1 for me. Hopefully it's the last.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Welcome! Your in the same boat as everyone else. Here for you!

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-04-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
JJ9

Originally Posted by halfvictory View Post

So back to Day 1 for me
So sorry to hear that halfvictory. Just make a plan for the next time you feel a bit anxious and push forward. Good luck! We are all behind you!

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by bellaboos View Post
I slipped up and within weeks was back on 2 bottles of wine a night and feeling wretched.
We'll soon be at 30 days..
We can do this!!!!
Same here, or a 12 pack of beer, or a pint of rum...

Looking forward to 30 days, but staying on guard today!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
JJ9

Hi FacingFuture. I can really relate to that 2nd point you made. When I sat down and really thought it out there was not one positive I could come up with for continuing to drink. It adds nothing to my life. I am so ready to move past it and focus on things that do add to my joy. We only get one life and I am sick of wasting mine drunk or hungover.