SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2014 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/343711-class-september-2014-a.html)

Dee74 08-31-2014 11:31 PM

Class of September 2014

Welcome everyone! :wave:

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of SEPTEMBER 2014 :)

come and join us! :)

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Word...blue_couch.gif

The August thread is now here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/343577-class-august-2014-part-4-a-5.html

D

Dee74 09-01-2014 12:16 AM

bump :)

http://images2.nickmom.com/uri/mgid:...jpg?minsize=50

jezza 09-01-2014 12:44 AM

YEY!!! Thanks Dee... Time to notch up another month!!!!

jazzfish 09-01-2014 04:34 AM

Putting my left foot in. I've been struggling as of late, but it is time to turn this around.

JasonNorth 09-01-2014 05:20 AM

i guess i ought to join this thread.

this is the 3rd time ive attempted to stop drinking, but the intention before has always been just to stop for January (which i only made to 11th Jan this year). I think ive drank every day since then.

I am not quite sure what my intentions are this time, I guess a month to start & I'm hoping to last 100 days, but that sounds pretty much a big target to take on at this moment.

a month at a time i think for now.

Neverthought 09-01-2014 05:54 AM

Thanks Dee & .....Hey, jazzfish and JN.

Thanks for coming and we can do this!

I'm back on good note. I stepped into the August class, but never made it past the first day. I did, however, fight very hard last week and I'm now at (7) days. And I think September is the choice of classes for me to join at this point.

Mangoes 09-01-2014 06:09 AM

Hi folks. I never joined a class my first time around. I love fall so jumping into September seems like the perfect place and time to make a fresh start.
Who needs wine when there's hot apple cider and PSLs at Starbucks?!

So hi y'all.. Here's to fresh beginnings!

doggonecarl 09-01-2014 06:21 AM

Just wanted to welcome the new class. On Sept. 4th, I will have gone four years without a drink. Years sober probably sounds inconceivable at Day one, but focus on getting through each day sober and the days become weeks, then months, then years.

Have faith that you can succeed, don't give in to the despair that often accompanies early sobriety. You have decided to quit drinking; hold on to that resolve.

Again, welcome.

Neverthought 09-01-2014 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 4872326)
Just wanted to welcome the new class. On Sept. 4th, I will have gone four years without a drink. Years sober probably sounds inconceivable at Day one, but focus on getting through each day sober and the days become weeks, then months, then years.

Have faith that you can succeed, don't give in to the despair that often accompanies early sobriety. You have decided to quit drinking; hold on to that resolve.

Again, welcome.

Thanks DGC....that's fantastic. You just gave me the chills, in a good way... As if I just catapulted further into the future and imagined how great it must feel. Again, thanks for the boost!

JimJim 09-01-2014 07:46 AM

Hey all. Been a waitin' for this class to start. I stopped drinking a couple of weeks ago.

Can't find many words for SR at the moment, figured this is a good place to spill a few.

September is a beautiful month. The leaves start to fall from the trees and turn pretty colours and the air becomes bitter with the smell of winter in the beyond.

I'm greatful for being able to appreciate that today.

Findingtheway 09-01-2014 07:47 AM

Joining the class. I'm making a statement to be sober for September.

Today makes 5 days for me.

Good luck to us all! :scoregood

kopfan 09-01-2014 08:36 AM

I'm in.

JJ9 09-01-2014 08:43 AM

I'm in too! September is a great month to stay sober. I am excited to join this class! Have a great day everyone.

happyfree2525 09-01-2014 08:52 AM

I would like to try again. This time I think I need to get over my fear of AA meetings and the fact someone might find out. Its horrible when you don't remember tucking your kids into bed, then hearing them say you had too much wine, you told me you would have just a little.

iam2antsy 09-01-2014 08:57 AM

hi ya'll :wavey: trying this again...on day 12.

tired of more & more sleepless nights. tired of spending more & more days so nauseous. tired of days feeling like a fool from emails to family sent in the middle of the night, putting my feelings out there.

best thing so far - love being able to actually sleep more than 3 or 4 hours a night
worst thing so far - i want to eat all day - it's the 1st & a monday, so gonna try to get that in check

weirdesttoner 09-01-2014 08:58 AM

Although i'm 5 months sober, i've never been enrolled in a class. I want an extra reason to check SR everyday.
Welcome everyone!

Stiv 09-01-2014 05:36 PM

Alright, I am in, took my last drink last night. Ive had a lot of day 1's though, but tonight I didn't drink and about ready for bed. Bring on day 2!

Welcome to the new members of September 2014!

Dee74 09-01-2014 05:42 PM

Welcome all you guys :)

Jezza, Jazzfish, JasonNorth, Neverthought, Mangoes, JimJim, Findingtheway, kopfan, jj9, happyfree2525, iam2antsy, weirdstoner, and Stiv :)

and thanks for your post Carl :c014:

D

SuperMega 09-01-2014 06:08 PM

I'm in!!! I am 21 days sober today and I welcome the next 30. =D

ForwardMotion 09-01-2014 06:18 PM

Joining in, today is day 1, I had almost 40 days a couple of weeks ago, felt soooo good, but dropped the ball. This time I'm seeking support, both here and face to face.

Looking forward to a sober September, let's get this bus full and moving!!!