Notices

Class of September 2014

Old 09-08-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I've been lurking around these pages for quite a while (months on and off) and kidding myself that I don't have a drinking problem. I've always enjoyed the social aspect of drinking but it has now become a lot more than that for me. I am finding myself drinking every night without a stop valve and have worried myself enough to want and need to do something baton it before it gets any worse. Of course I am very worried about the effect this is having on my health and I am living a lie. No one knows I have this issue apart from my partner. He is practically a non drinker and while supportive he doesn't understand and it is causing us a lot of issues. Giving myself the time to sort out a plan of action..
Thanks
Old 09-08-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Thank God, my brother was found. He doesn't have a license due to some DUI's in the past. He has a warrant out for his arrest out here because he never took care of them. The cop's were called to help look for him because my mom was beside herself with worry. My dad and brother in law were the one's to find him. Now I am just worried about him being arrested. As addicts we sometimes make some stupid mistakes. I just hope he's able to go home to his 6 month old son. Thanks for the support. Still working here but have no urge to drink when I get off.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

El Gato I'm so glad your here. Were all in the same boat! My husband (non drinker) doesn't undersand either. They want to be supportive but don't know how. Read and post often my friend.

Deanyya I'm so glad your broher was found. Hopefully it will all get worked out!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Welcome ElGato : )
Old 09-08-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

End of day 4!

Body feels achy and really tired today. Ate too much candy.

Hope everyone is well
Old 09-08-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I'm joining you...thank you all for being here.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Good Morning class!

A huge welcome to all of the newcomers!! Our little class is growing daily!

For those of you back on day 1..hang in there, dust yourself off, and keep fighting. You can do this!

Deanyya - I am so glad they found your brother! ((hugs))

2 weeks for me today! Looking forward to another great and sober day!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Morning of day 2 and feeling a little more positive.

Dee thank you for your response to my other thread I do take on board what you said and to others I thank you for your patience with all my stops n starts.

I really want to make this the month it all changes.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Morning all
Hi elgata, v similar story to mine
Deanya I'm so relieved your brother was found and great stuff not drinking through the stress
Hi mimsy
Nothing much to report, had a super snooze. Feeling positive. V aware of my av lurking though. The chat rooms going to be sick of me soon
Stay strong today everybody
Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, welcome to all new comers!
Day 12 in the Big Sober House, Tic is sitting on the sofa watching everybody loves Raymond, and drinking apple and mango juice.
Tic is confused, tic is wondering who that strange person is on the wall in the bathroom?
Tic thinks he recognises the man he saw!??

Any ideas?
Old 09-09-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
nmd

Good morning all! busy day yesterday and today, but I'm here doing well. Up today at 4:30am for work, but I have to say I've been sleeping ok. I felt great at work yesterday and was reallly productive and in a good mood for the first time in a long time. I so often am ready to slump over at my desk at 2-3pm. I hope everyone else is doing well, I need to catch up reading it all.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Day 4 for me. I've done this before, and very recently, so this time I'm feeling a bit less ecstatic. Yeah, 4 days, but can I make it past 20? Cause I seem to get hung up around 20 days, and cocky, and do myself in.

I'm thinking about joining AA or some other group. I think I need the support but I'm also terrified of it. I think Rational Recovery may be more my speed if I can find a group.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-09-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

So sick of this

I am 40 years old now and gave up drinking when I was 26. I had 5 years of great sobriety and picked it up again when I was 31. For the last 10 years I have been on and off the drink but in last 6 years have not managed more than a couple of days. I am at my wits end.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hello everyone and yet welcome to more newcomers. As Luper said, this class growing. It may be one of the largest classes I've been in.

I'm at day (15) or 1/6 of the way to my initial goal. I played with fire for about 30 second yesterday evening, thinking what a drink would feel like, but then very quickly said "NO" to my AV and changed my thought-process. I literally so "NO" and it seems to work at times. Obviously, not all of the time or I'd be a few years sober by now...heh.

Well, great to read everyone's updates/comments. I'm happy to see the enthusiasm and the strong efforts to say sober and make our lives' better. Let's keep the dream alive! And hey class, we're going to have our down-days, but reach out and let's support each other and over-come those days. Those days can bring things to a screeching halt.

And speaking of HALT....Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired....we have to do what we can not to fall into these traps. I'm not sure what the link is to this acronym on SR, but it essentially explains that these (4) symptoms can lead to a relapse. And I can vouch for this, it's derailed me a few times. Halt and AV, beware of them!

Stay Strong Septemberites......
Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Alynn. Forgive me - I read that you had joined a group, but forgot. My brain is like a pile of Ramen noodles right now.
deanyya. Glad your bro was found. That must have been super stressful.
Had a bad day yesterday. Had planned on exercising and going out, but fell asleep instead and woke up with a nap headache. Alcohol is like a stimulant for me. I'm the only person I've ever heard of who is actually capable of having a full on panic attack totally hammered. Anyway, instead of having insomnia, I go the other way.
Oddly, I feel hung over today. Don't know what it is.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
On my way....

Morning, day 9 here. Had a tough day relationship wise yesterday. Really got to be careful where that is concerned. I've made sobriety my top priority this round, and anything -- and I do mean ANYTHING that makes me feel "driven to drink" is out, boyfriend included! He's a HUGE stress factor in my life, working to resolve it.

Hope everyone else is doing well, my goodness, this class is getting to be huge! Not even a 3rd of the way through the month either! Welcome new classmates, glad to have ya!

Deanyya, so glad your brother was found safe!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Glad to see so much active posting and insight. This class has a wonderful spirit and attitude and a good mix of old and new people.

Am off to a series of meetings. Stay strong all. I have a solid week plus under my belt and it feel good.

Pan
Old 09-09-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Day 3. I was having some trouble with my conviction yesterday. LOTS of back and worth with the ole AV. Its such a tiring argument. Been struggling for the last year to try to figure out how to find a way back to where I was a year ago when I got 5 months in. I think I have been being a little too demanding of myself. Anxiety giving me a hard time going to sleep. I am a terrible perfectionist and have trouble with all or nothing kind of thinking. Causes me a lot of problems when I have slipped in the past, whether it be diet, drinking, exercise, etc... Well, I was going to get up at 5:30am today and go to the gym, but couldn't sleep and cut myself some slack. Got up at 7:10am instead. I think it's okay. Been telling myself "progress, not perfection" over and over in my head. Tired, but at least I am not hung over and feeling like death, scrambling to get ready for work at the last second all puffy eyed, bitter, and dreadful for the day ahead.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hi All I'm joining in I have close to a week and I'm feeling great! One day at a time.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Really really like our class! Everyone is so encouraging and determined. Thank you all for being here!

Neverthought - loved everything you just said

ForwardMotion- you have great determination! very inspiring.

Evelyn and Hoping4zen- don't beat yourself up. Your here and your trying. I'm scared to death of backsliding so I joined a group to hold me accountable.

Day 9- sobriety is at the top of the priority list here also. I'm a mom, a wife, and a employee but no good to anyone if I do not put this first