Notices

Class of September 2014

Old 09-07-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
On my way....

Day 7, enjoying a day off, cooking a big dinner and watching movies. The house smells YUM! So nice to wake up early, feel good, and truly enjoy my deserved day off! When drinking, I party away my weekend nights, and sleep away my weekend days....go back to work feeling like I never had a day off! Love this change especially!

Hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForwardMotion View Post
Day 7, enjoying a day off, cooking a big dinner and watching movies. The house smells YUM! So nice to wake up early, feel good, and truly enjoy my deserved day off! When drinking, I party away my weekend nights, and sleep away my weekend days....go back to work feeling like I never had a day off! Love this change especially! Hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday.
Great to see you! yes I know what you mean about drinking time off away.. Miserable going back to work feeling like that. Here's to another week of peace!

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-07-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Me too 7 days without drinking & I was at the gym for 2 hours today. Ready for bed soon & will be fresh as a daisy tomorrow for work.

also i hardly spent any money this weekend, drink is expensive. but i did buy 2 new T-shirts (about the price of 3 pints of beer). all in all a successful weekend.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats ForwardMotion and Alynn on your week
Welcome HotSauce Jeff

Glad you're back nmd

Accepting that I could never be that once in a while guy took me quite a while...but I'm glad I persisted.

I don't think I realised how much alcohol was preventing me from becoming all I could be?

D
Old 09-07-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Day one. My sister, my best friend, got married last night and I did drink. A lot. Surprisingly I don't feel that bad today. I am really confident in myself this time on quitting for good. I really am so tired of drinking and can't think of one good reason to continue. I am a mother of four beautiful little girls who need me the most. They need a healthy mother. I am going to put myself back together and learn to love myself again. I look forward to getting to know everybody because September is the month for me. I am more determined than ever not to screw this up this time around. I have to much to live for. Stay strong September
Old 09-07-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deanyya View Post
Day one. My sister, my best friend, got married last night and I did drink. A lot. Surprisingly I don't feel that bad today. I am really confident in myself this time on quitting for good. I really am so tired of drinking and can't think of one good reason to continue. I am a mother of four beautiful little girls who need me the most. They need a healthy mother. I am going to put myself back together and learn to love myself again. I look forward to getting to know everybody because September is the month for me. I am more determined than ever not to screw this up this time around. I have to much to live for. Stay strong September
& make sure you do for those beautiful girls & for yourself.

good luck & keep us posted.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
On my way....

Originally Posted by Alynn View Post
Great to see you! yes I know what you mean about drinking time off away.. Miserable going back to work feeling like that. Here's to another week of peace!

I can do all things through he who strengthens me

Good to see you too, quit date buddy!

Yes it is very miserable, and being a waitress, my income is pretty much dependent on how motivated, energetic, and cheerful I am....and I can assure it's quite a struggle to act like that when I clearly am not! I can see instant income raises when I don't drink, great motivator right there!

Thanks Dee, nice to claim a week again.

What's everyone's Sunday afternoon looking like? As previously said, I'm relaxing and enjoying mine very much. It's gotten cool outside this evening in WV....feels like fall! Bring it on!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you here Deanyya

D
Old 09-07-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone...jumping back in to join the September group! I first joined August 2011 and made it 5 months. I tried again after a while and made it to 1 year this past May. The day before I was to share at my one year anniversary...I relapsed! Fear,resentment, marriage breaking up, selling our house and moving...I couldn't handle it.

I've been drinking since we split up and I can't do it anymore. I don't want to lose my new house, job or my daughter.

Today is day 6....I did it before...I can do it again.

Have a good rest of the day...I'm off to a meeting!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you too Happyfeet

D
Old 09-07-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group those who just joined. Deanyya glad to see you back! ForwardMotion can you send some fall to Georgia? It's still so freaking hot. Today was a great day. It was a little weird jumping into a recovery class at church today but a good weird. I told husband last minute. He didn't care but didn't say much. But I'm glad I went.

Who else in the group has never been to AA? I know it would be helpfull just scared to jump in.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, sleeps well, and has a great week! Stay strong
Old 09-07-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I'm in. I been lingering around reading forums before I joined today, so I'm ready. I don't want to waste any more time drinking.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
nmd

I have never been to AA, buy have toyed with the idea. There's sides to it that don't appeal to me, but it seems each aa group is different.
I'm glad you got something out of your group at church alynn.

After getting ready this morning I went out onto my deck with my coffee only to see water spouting from the bottom of my 4' pool. I knew the bottom was rusting out, but the liner finally gave... Spent a good part of today disassembling it because it's not worth repairing. Not the sort of day I planned, but I don't need to cover it for the winter at least,lol.

No desire to drink today, but it's the days when I want to that are tough. I need to do something for myself and relax a bit I think.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Welcome Pretend3r! Theres a great group here, tons of support!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alynn View Post
Welcome to the group those who just joined. Deanyya glad to see you back! ForwardMotion can you send some fall to Georgia? It's still so freaking hot. Today was a great day. It was a little weird jumping into a recovery class at church today but a good weird. I told husband last minute. He didn't care but didn't say much. But I'm glad I went.

Who else in the group has never been to AA? I know it would be helpfull just scared to jump in.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, sleeps well, and has a great week! Stay strong
I have never been to AA. I feel that I definitely could benefit from it. But I am normally a really quiet person (unless drinking) so it scares me just a little.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey all - somehow I missed posting here yesterday with the kid's soccer and all the other activities. I see we have many new members - that is great! nmd - hang in there...I have had so many restarts, I have lost count -- you can do this!

I was able to fit in a couple of runs this weekend...it was absolutely fantastic. Exercise and sobriety are intrinsically linked for me. Not exactly sure why or how...but, they do seem to feed off of each other.

I can't remember who posted about healthy alternatives regarding food/snacks, etc. I have found that I crave protein and water (in whatever form now). It also seems to work to curb my need for sweets.

Sending good thoughts for a good night out to the group.

Take care Pan
Old 09-08-2014, 12:08 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deanyya View Post
I have never been to AA. I feel that I definitely could benefit from it. But I am normally a really quiet person (unless drinking) so it scares me just a little.

Hi deanyya, have a look through my posts for "AA or not to AA? Aye?" X
Old 09-08-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Morning fellow class mates! Hope you're all well this morning? What a terrible nights sleep, my kidneys were hurting like hell, any ideas why that would be like that on day 11!?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I also look like I've drank 2 bottles of vodka this morning...? Which I haven't, not a drop! But look and feel like poo this morning!???
Old 09-08-2014, 01:38 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Morning
Tic, your profile pic is hilarious
Welcome pretend 3r and happy feet
Took the kids to school today wearing sunglasses because it was sunny, not to hide my postbox eyes and shame. On my guard now. The anxiety has worn off. I'm feeling better, sleeping better..this is when I say 'it wasn't that bad, don't be hard on yourself, have a couple tonight'
No way. I'm an alcoholic. I would be a complete numpty to do that again. No more day 1s for me