Notices

Grumpy today...

Old 08-14-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grumpy today...

My son and his family come in today. The timing couldn't be much worse. My huge project is first week of September and of course I am way behind. My son has been kind of surly the last several months-because we can't continue to afford to support him and his family-even though we have are supporting them. I am just letting him know that money is tight and he needs to learn to take care of himself. He will be cut off next summer and I am trying to prepare him to live independently. He is a student and will graduate next summer. Also getting married next summer. Long story.

My husband works his ass off because we are supporting two adult children and an elderly parent. We have good income but there just isn't enough to go around. My son is 26-just effing grow up please and get off of the payroll. In the meantime my husband complains bitterly to ME about how hard he works (which he does) but won't say a word to my son. He even tells my son that we will continue to help him out as my son pursues his master's degree. My husband is 66 and wants to retire. His health isn't that good and he deserves to retire but we have so many family members that we are supporting.

They are slobs. They have a big furry dog that sheds all over the place and they won't keep him off of the furniture and the beds. Now I LOVE dogs, have a big shedder myself and two cats that shed. My son won't bring his own dogfood so his dog eats my dog food which gives him the sh^ts. I have to clean the carpet when he leaves and spend weeks cleaning up the dog hair.

Now I am not Martha Stewart by any means. My house is not filthy but it's not perfect either. I have enough trouble cleaning and picking up after myself, much less 3-4 extra people. Shoes, jackets, laundry, phones, ipads, junk, junk, junk is everywhere. And don't even get me started on cooking. Everybody has things they won't eat so I can't make one meal for everybody. My husband wants to eat out every night. Money, money money out the door. And with 3-4 adults drinking at dinner it gets expensive. And a two year old eating at nice, (slow) restaurants, past his bedtime is not fun.

To top it off, my husband and son gang up and just pick on me when they are together. It's their male bonding thing. I call them on it and even my daughter in law and daughter confirm that it happens-right to their faces. My husband thinks he is being funny. My son is at the age where he thinks he is grown, so smart and of course my IQ has plummeted as he has gotten so much smarter. So he talks down to me. Now I am not a wallflower in any way. I am very independent and strong so I don't know where this is coming from.

My husband thinks all things that all of his alcohol should be on the kitchen counter for when he wants a drink. So all of the fixings for bloody mary's and margaritas must be sitting on the counter. Thats about 5-6 bottles of stuff. When it is just me and him, I am ok with that but we have a small kitchen, very little storage. So when all of the extra groceries come in everything is on the counter. It is a constant mess and I really resent being the maid.

Well, that is a lot of b^tching! Thank you, I feel better getting it off of my chest. It sounds like one big dysfunctional family when I lay it all out there. And well, we are. The more family members in the house the more stressful it is. And this is just part of it! I haven't drank in about 5 weeks and my husband hasn't said a word about it. Now he is starting to make little jabs about it. So that was my break, going back to cleaning the house and shopping for our "guests."
Old 08-14-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For what it is worth, I spend a lot of time trying to control other people's behavior and am working on letting that go and instead controlling myself and how I react. Cant change everyone around us even if they are behaving like slobby a-holes lol

I need to take my own advice here lol
Old 08-14-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I forgot to mention that my kitchen is INFESTED with mice. I have been catching them and releasing them every night for about 5 days. There are a LOT of them and they just keep coming. I think they terrorist mice that have secret tunnels or something. I am sick of it. Where in the heck are they coming from. We live in the mountains so there are a lot of critters out there but this has never happened before. One of my cats used to hunt them now she doesn't even bother. We had some remodeling done last year and my husband went out and found some places that they may be coming in and closed them off. Dang!