Notices

I am just a loser

Old 08-11-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Recovering

Dan.. I just wanna start by you are not a loser, neither are you a pot washer who spends all his money on alcohol. That is just a job title that is temporally assigned to you at this moment in life. You are a person who is in a serious addiction..

However you need to lift yourself up out of the rut your in and admit to yourself that you have a problem, accept it don't try resist it only then can you take the steps to recover and live in peace!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Keep your head up bud. I get down on myself too, it's normal, but look for a bright side where you can. Getting sober is tough at first but you can do it. And either way, sober or not, you're no loser. Take care man, it doesn't matter if you wash dishes, pump gas, or you're the CEO of a huge company, what matters is how you treat others. My pups are my best friends too, they've gotten me through tough times also. Give sober another go, it'll stick!
-Ted
Old 08-12-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to read you're still struggling Dan.

If you think you don't deserve better, or you can't fight this cos it's inevitable, your addictions already won.

What kind of things are you prepared to do to bring change to your life Dan?

D
Old 08-12-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dan, what I am learning is that recovery is a process. It doesn't happen instantly for most. I have to learn new coping skills;and begin to practice using them......just removing the drink but changing nothing else wasn't enough....but, removing the alcohol from my body made me feel so much better... I've been sober about 90 percent of the time since January; and I am going to keep trying and practing.....

Begin again.....

Old 08-12-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You can turn this around Dan, we all have it within us to write a new chapter in our lives!!

SR is in your corner!!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Don't put yourself down. Everyone is special in their own way x
Old 08-12-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you Dan. I hope you'll come back & talk some more when you're ready. We care about you.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Dan, you can make a change in yourself. Change the pattern of your life that you are stuck in.

Your story is not unique, you are an addict; most, if not all of us on this site are addicts... I know I am. Make the change NOW.

Give yourself some credit and make the commitment to change. The more / longer you drink / use, the worse you will feel about yourself. Period.

The days of having fun while you are drinking are long gone.

Now it is a burden, a crutch, a lie,,,

it's the friend you think you have, but the friend that talks about you when you are not there to defend yourself, the friend that betrays you, stabs you in the back, the friend that will go to any extreme to make sure you fail and fail as miserably as possible.

Make the decision to kick all of this out of your life. The power is yours. It is a tough road, but you can do it.

You can make the change today if you truly want to. You will be better for it.

We are here for you, you are far from being a looser!!