Notices

I am just a loser

Old 08-11-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety Dat 26\10\2012

I am just a loser

that's all I have to say really I am just a loser kitchen potwasher whos wages goes all on alcohol. I promise myself im gonna stop then bang im pissed again and even back on cocaine now. if it wasn't for my dog (my only friend) I would have gone ages ago
Old 08-11-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand the feelings. Once I stepped away from drugs and alcohol, my self-esteem went up a lot.

My cats were my only friends for a long time - that can be a good start! Your dog gives you a reason to live, that's where you start. He/she would like you so much more, and you would be spending more time taking him out if you were to stop drinking.

There is a way out. Have you tried AA or any other recovery methods? Getting sober will make it easier to find a different job if you want, also.

You can do it. I've saved nearly a thousand dollars by not drinking for the last five months.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Best After Date:June 12, 2011

No you're not. We have a problem. A serious problem. I don't feel so hot either. I spent literally the entire day on here reading and psyching myself up for today to be day 1, again. I was excited to start recovering, again. Right now I am drinking. Wtf is wrong with me? But I do know we are NOT losers. We are NOT hopeless. And we are NOT worthless.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hi Dan. You are not a loser, you are an alcoholic. You know what they say: nothing changes if nothing changes.
I look at all the threads you started over the years and my questions to you is:
Have you had enough?
Are you willing to quit and never pick up a drink again?
Are you willing to go to any length to get sober?
Ask yourself those questions then get working on your sobriety (yes, recovery IS work). Find a method which you like and give it 120%. One of the main ingredient for success when it comes to quitting and remaining abstinent is willingness.
I hope you will join us in the 24 hours Recovery Connections where we commit not to drink or drug for the next 24 hours. It's a fun way to hold ourselves accountable and before you know it those days add up
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-10-a.html

NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES
Old 08-11-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, keep in mind that alcohol is a powerful depressant of the central nervous system and a direct cause of mental depression.
I think that a lot of us assumed our sadness and hopelessness was caused by other factors: childhood, loss of a loved one, life's hardships, etc, etc.

But, when we got sober, surprise! we realized it was actually the booze that was making us depressed.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ahh Dan, come on mate. It stinks it really does but there is a light at the end of the tunnel if you just make a commitment to see it through far enough. I'm only 9 days clean, not much at all but things are already so much better. I've a long way to go physically but psychologically there is a huge change. It's different for everyone I realise but one things for sure, if we find a way to stay clean long enough we will start to feel better. I've seen that to be the case time and time again. If you are suffering from depression whether it be drug/alcohol related or not, it's always best to talk to someone about it. Don't suffer alone. Have you seen a doctor? Sorry if my post is not relevant, just concerned about you.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Dan. You are with a bunch of people that care. We all had to quit, one day at a time. That is the only way I know. Life is better without alcohol. You can do this. We are all here to help.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nah, you're not a loser. You're just a human being who has a problem with alcohol. You're the not the first one to have this problem and you damn sure won't be the last one.

But it's been my experience that we don't have to stay the person we may not currently like. We can change, grow and become the person we want to be. Don't give up on yourself. Take some time to explore the many ways to get sober. You deserve it.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are not a loser! You can do this!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's not too late to realize you can become sober and feel good. First, be proud of yourself for holding a job, you can do this!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dan, you are not a loser. Alcoholism isn't a character defect.

You can get sober and live the life you want.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

My addiction made me feel like a loser. It kept me drinking for years. I'm a loser, I might as well drink.

It's a big lie. Ditch that alcohol problem and get a taste of victory. Better than any alcohol buzz ever.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Please never give up Dan! I drank all my life and finally got it right. Don't stop posting - we care about you.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
Well, keep in mind that alcohol is a powerful depressant of the central nervous system and a direct cause of mental depression.
I think that a lot of us assumed our sadness and hopelessness was caused by other factors: childhood, loss of a loved one, life's hardships, etc, etc.

But, when we got sober, surprise! we realized it was actually the booze that was making us depressed.
This is actually really true. I never believed it, I felt it took away my anxieties. I didn't realize until I was really sober, as in a couple weeks out, that alcohol was causing probably most of the anxious feelings. Life is calm now (most of the time) for me. I am only 30 days clean.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You're not a loser. No alcoholic, regardless of his or her history, is a loser if they sincerely want sobriety and get into a program of recovery which offers that possibility. Sitting around and beating yourself up gets nowhere. Or it merely gets you another bottle. You've logged on to this website. Please stay with it. We'll help you any way we can.

W.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

This disease sucks Dan, but you do not! It's simply the madness of the disease, tries to convince of all kinds of lies in order to keep us using! I know, cause I struggled with this for years and felt the same way you do. Have you tried a program of recovery, I could never do it on my own! Took God and AA for me my friend! Don't give up!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're not a loser. You're an alcoholic. You can change your life and live a better sober life. You deserve a sober life.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

That's the devil talking to you! Don't listen! You are a child of God and he doesn't make junk!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 08-11-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dan23 View Post
that's all I have to say really I am just a loser kitchen potwasher whos wages goes all on alcohol. I promise myself im gonna stop then bang im pissed again and even back on cocaine now. if it wasn't for my dog (my only friend) I would have gone ages ago
Being in the fog of alcohol makes us feel terrible about ourselves. I know I sure felt worthless. Put down the drink, get some sober time, and you may find that the way you view yourself starts to change, become more positive. If you keep drinking, the negative thoughts will likely still continue
Old 08-11-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

No Dan...you are a tremendous being of unlimited potential...untapped as it may be. Like so many of us...you're light has been hidden. You have lived in the shadows of your emotional burdens that you have not yet found your way out of.

Here..we can find a community. People here care and understand. And you are important. You have NO IDEA what you might say or do in a given day that might just lighten another's load. You really don't.
Our gift is in connection with others.
You are needed in this fabric of life.
You just need to believe that..to discover what part you are playing in the lives of another...you have meaning.
You are needed.
Quit hurting yourself. Quit hiding.