Notices

My battle with the devil

Old 08-08-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I've just woken up and am getting ready to face another day. Something fini said is sticking with me...I need to re-write the script. Getting trashed is old behaviour..that isn't me now and hasn't been for years...I need to write myself a plan with new ways of coping.

And if MIRecovery and desypete can cope with losing children then I'm sure I should be able to do this. Losing parents is the natural order of things. It's what happens to us all. Nothing special about me. Alcoholism doesn't make the pain any worse than it is for anybody else on the planet.

My sponsor tells me to pray for my fear of drinking to be removed. And I know that works because I prayed twice a day for a year for my fear of my Dad to be removed and it was...and I was terrified of him too like I am of losing my sobriety. But still...God is the focus of my resentment and I'm hoping like Nuudawn said, he can cope with a few angry words being fired at Him right now.

And I realise I'm rambling...

Let's see what today brings...but drinking definitely isn't on the cards no matter what.

Love and grateful thanks to you all
Old 08-08-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

you are an inspiration to someone new on here like me! Thinking of you!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Jeni26, you are just so FANTASTIC. Just do your best and hang here as much as you can. Rootin for ya. :Egypt: