Notices

Hello - It's Day-1 For Me!

Old 07-17-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EyesOfAStranger View Post
Great decisions, so glad you are here. Good job with day 1, but as a 20 year opiate user myself - not sure how high your doses were, but get ready for some physical withdrawals. Depending they can be awful...but you will get through them but then the even harder part will kick in - the mental ones. Ugh.
About 9 months ago I was taking 420mg of Dihydrocodeine at a time (14x30mg) but I managed to slowly get that down lower and only take between 5-8 tablets at a time now. Or....I should say I did take that dose but no longer!

Originally Posted by EyesOfAStranger View Post
Wishing you the best on this journey - it will be tough but rewarding!

Thank you
Old 07-17-2014, 01:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day-2 has started and this morning, instead of having a pipe of weed before work, I sat quietly with a cup of coffee and my thoughts. Last night, after work, instead of going to a secluded car park for a couple of pipes, I went straight home and took my son and the dog out for a lonnng walk

Feeling positive which is good but already worrying about a future event. One of my best friends is having a 40th birthday party in a couple of months. Most of the people going I know very well, we all go way back, and a lot of them like to party hard. I have visions of myself stood at the bar with a glass of lemonade whilst they are all getting smashed. Still, this is my choice and it is a necessary choice at that. I'll deal with the party when it comes, for now I'll just deal with now.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing okay wherever you are.

Day-2 ended less positively for me than day-1. Felt immensely grumpy, irritable and down. Went to bed at 8pm and slept on and off for 11-hours. Usually I get 6 or 7 hours. I guess my mood dropping is from two days of no substances. I know it's gonna take a while for my brain's chemistry to begin correcting itself and I'm hoping the Fluoxetine I've been prescribed will help.

Got the weekend coming up and am determined but worried, ya know? Long periods of normality to endure without any of my chemical brothers and sisters to support me. Reality...time to face it I guess.

Hope you all have a good, clean weekend.

Cheers, FC
Old 07-18-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats Cluster! I've noticed you thanking posts and it's great that you've made a determined decision to stop. I know that if it weren't for these forums I may not have made it as far as I have.

The first few days are often the hardest, do your best to stay strong and away from any pills left around the house. Personally I flushed all meds that were opiate based and it actually felt good. It's totally normal to feel scared about the next few days... For me days 1-5 were horrible and I was a nervous wreck, but it's definitely getting better now.

Welcome to SR and please do keep us updated!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lostinhk View Post
Welcome to SR and please do keep us updated!
Thank you for your support, it's much appreciated
Old 07-18-2014, 02:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

By the way, it's great that you're getting a bit of sleep, your body and brain are trying to fix themselves now so if you need to sleep 11 or 12 hours, then go for it! It's 100x better than having complete insomnia.

You are already into the most difficult stage but it sounds like you're doing great! I won't lie to you, the next couple days might be rough, but you have us here to support you. It certainly does start to get better after a while and you'll be thankful you pushed through it, which is how I'm feeling now.

Keep it up!
Old 07-18-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I also take fluoxetine (Prozac) and I think it helps level my moods a bit. Give it a chance to build up in your system. You might not notice anything yet, but give it time.
I am on day 3 myself and I am also dreading the weekend. Yesterday I starting think about getting ahold of some wine for tonight and Sat. Nite. Just for the weekend. Right!!
Let's get thru this together.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cleomie View Post
I am on day 3 myself and I am also dreading the weekend. Yesterday I starting think about getting ahold of some wine for tonight and Sat. Nite. Just for the weekend. Right!!
Let's get thru this together.
Hi Cleomie

Yeah, I hear you. For me (and by the sounds of it you as well), there is no 'just for the weekend' that's actually realistic. If I indulged this weekend, I would probably still be indulging days/weeks/months/years later.

For me, years of abuse and many, many failed attempts at stopping have taught me that I am either totally sober (drug free) or totally not. I have no way of regulating my usage, controlling it or, to some degree, even understanding it. My only hope, that I can see, is to stop and remain stopped come what may.

Yes, let's do this together!

Cheers, FC
Old 07-18-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Mate it's uncanny the similarities between our situations, we were taking the same amounts and tapered down to the same amounts. Day 2 and 3 I was incredibly depressed and irritable, and I was crying regularly, and I don't consider myself a cryer at all.

Hang in there, you're already going through the worst part but at least you can sleep! I'm a few days ahead of you in the process and I can tell you it gets better... It's gradual, but it does get better.