Notices

Mental Breakdown

Old 07-12-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mental Breakdown

Thursday night was a bad one. My fiance and I have been tapering down with our usage of dope, and along with it a string of hurtles. My fiance was working through GoodWill at T.J. Maxx. This means that GoodWill helps you find a job, pays for a portion of your earnings, and after a certain amount of time GoodWill removes themselves from the picture and the company the hooked you up with decides whether or not they want to hire you. In this case, T.J. Maxx was already overstaffed, so they let her go. After a few weeks, her last check came in of $117 dollars. Not a lot, but something to help sustain us. Things were okay for a few days until we tried using her card to get her prescriptions from the pharmacy and it was declined. Come to find out, for a reason unknown to us or even the company, Her check had been withdrawn by GoodWill. She was only able to get 2 of her 4 necessary scripts. This along with other equally frustrating instances, strain on our relationship, and trying to quit heroin made a storm in both of us. A few days after the pharmacy incident, my fiance snapped. She was yelling about wanting to die, crying uncontrollably.. I wont get into more detail, but it was terrible. I felt completely helpless, and I knew that she was sincere about the things she was saying. It took a room full of people who love her and myself to calm her enough to the point that she and I could fall asleep.. Mostly from exhaustion from the ordeal I think. But the next day one of our best friends and I brought her to the hospital where we met up with her mother. She explained that she was a danger to herself and was admitted to an appropriate facility where she currently is. We both agreed it was for the best, and not only will she be receiving proper treatment for her mental anguish, but will also successfully detox. I've spoken with her on the phone four or five times since, and plan to go visit her tomorrow.. I'm as proud as I could be of her, and I know that this is what's best, and I now more than ever am motivated to begin a new, happy chapter of our lives together. Today was the last day of our tapering down calendar, and tomorrow I begin my sober life.. I'm as nervous as I am excited, and although I miss my partner and she isn't here physically, the support we have for each other is strong enough to overcome this.. Thank you all for your support for us thus far, and I will continue using this site. As will she when she's out. Here we go..
Old 07-12-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry that things got harder IT, but I'm glad your partner is being cared for now...like you say this may have been a silver lining noone expected.

Please do keep posting and reading here

D
Old 07-12-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to here this Mat, I hope Liv makes it through!!

You have to keep pushing though, the tapering plan has run it's course, you now have to stick to the plan to remain Sober!!

You can do this Mat!!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both, you two have posted on almost all of our posts and I can't tell you how much it means to us. She's going to get better and so am I, you two stay strong as well. We look up to people like you
Old 07-12-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bless you both.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Raider, bless you too
Old 07-12-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wish you both good luck. Stay strong for each other
Old 07-12-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

we will change4life, thank you for your support
Old 07-13-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support.. I told my fiance about how even strangers care and it brings her and I hope.. you guys rock
Old 07-13-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good Luck for tomorrow! Hopefully kicking this as a couple will give you both the support you need.The power of two is more than one.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, I've commented on your partners post before. I'm glad that she is in a safe place and you're both still committed to getting clean and sober
My addict partner suffered breakdown after breakdown towards the end of his using days. Hospital stays, threats of suicide, hours of crying. It was awful. He's coming out of rehab soon ( clean and sober 3 months) and he's like a different person. He's not 'fixed' by any means but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. He had to be ready and want to do it, which you both do. You have each other's support and understanding which is going to take you far.
What your both doing is taking a hell of a lot of strength and i feel privileged that your sharing the start of your journey with us
Stay strong and focused and never let yourselves forget why you want to do this
Old 07-13-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hope it's been a lovely day for you.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I hope all went well today Mat, and with Liv!!

I think that is SRs strength, we all come from places all over the world, but we all understand one thing, and that is addiction, that is what unites us all, we all want everyone who comes to SRs door to succeed and beat this!!

Be well!!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Stay strong, Mat! Take care of Live. Things are never hopeless no matter how bad they seem. You two can get through this! Pulling for you both.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sometimes things have to get really bad before they can improve. Best of luck to both of you!
Old 07-15-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thank you all for your love and support. things are getting better, we just picked her up today and she's home she will be posting soon, stay strong everyone!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Best wishes, IT. From what you said here, I hope that she will be in the recovery facility for at least 28 days. Given her circumstances, a simple detox then release will most likely not be enough. I wish you all the strength you need also. It's not easy and I myself have relapsed many times with alcohol - and each time gets worse than the time before.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I wish you both the best !!! Sending you god vibes
Old 07-15-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sending you both good wishes also
Old 07-15-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congratulations on staying on track despite the hurdles. Best wishes to you both!