Notices

need help

Old 07-11-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need help

I don't really know why I'm posting here or what I expect. I know I'm the only one who can help myself. But I'm just so lonely tired and sad. I'm just tired of trying and failing. I don't know what to do anymore. Living every day just so scared and worried and lying to yourself about all the ways you're going to fix it. I don't know.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just came across this site. Is it even okay to post here if you're not currently sober? If not, sorry.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. We are here for you. I am not sure what you are trying to fix. Can you tell us a little about what is going on?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you want to be sober? You can do this. We all have had a day one. That is where it starts. Hang in there.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome smallstar. Like you I often feel defeated and scared. I've stopped and started drinking so many times that I sometimes feel it impossible. Hang in there. This site is a wonderful place for support and encouragement. It really does help to talk to others.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I want to be sober more than anything. I had some clean time. I was in rehab for a year with no problems, not even cravings. I came home and I was on suboxone maintenance. I started abusing it as soon as it was in my possession and not being dispensed to me nightly. Crazy as it sounds suboxone has pretty much become what I prefer but I run out of my months script in less than a week each month. Than it's 3 weeks of chaos and using whatever I can get. It's just a mess. Every month I tell myself next month will be different. But it never is.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There is no requirement to be sober when posting on SR.
Glad you have found us and are posting.

Have you tried additional support such as AA or SMART recovery groups?
Old 07-11-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah. I've been in AA. Not just attending meetings. Working with a sponsor, working steps, taking commitments. I've tried it for over a year now and I am concluding it's not for me. It doesn't work for me. I am still miserable. I'm not sure where to go from here. I have alk sorts of thoughts but the truth is at the end of the day I'm just going to keep trudging through. I feel it is hopeless at this point and that scares me. I don't want to do this anymore, any of it. I'm so tired of trying. Trying to pretend like I'm a person. It's so hard to go along when you're a liar and a fraud. It's just really really hard and I feel like something bad is going to happen soon and I'm to stuck to stop it.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am sorry that things seem hopeless, smallstar. We have all felt that way at one time or another. Life's problems can seem large for sober people. When using, the problems increase, and our ability to deal with them decreases. Its a bad double-whammy.

You need to understand, however, that with each day of sobriety, you will get back a little bit more of yourself. You don't have to feel like this any more.

Whatever method that you choose to help you get sober, we will be there with you to offer whatever encouragement and advice that we have. Please post often.

Good luck. I am glad you are here with us.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We all know that hopeless feeling. We all know how many day one's we have had. Post and read. Then get clean. Oh you will feel so much more in control and present in your life. Praying for you Sweetie.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

smallstar, you are a person. A person with a problem. We all have similar problems.

Do you have someone you can trust to hold and dispense your medication to you?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're very welcome here smallstar

I think the key to change is doing different things - coming here is a great start

D