Notices

Nature Therapy

Old 07-07-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nature Therapy

Went out beyond the reaches of cell phones. Spent three days where the wind rolled through the trees and the loon song soothed the night. Looked up through hundreds of years old hemlocks into deep black starry depths. Floated with my children on spring-fed waters and just lay around in the sun with my Lady while our kids played around doing lots of nothing. Sat with family around a campfire. Smiled just for smiling sake. There wasn't fighting or whining or crying from the kids. There was no clutter or chores or agenda. Paddled canoe, fished, sang, danced, just enjoyed. An owl called and ospreys soared.

Did it all sober, and it was divine.

Here's to a sober day ahead for you all, and may you too get the chance to venture out where beeps don't go.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds idyllic. The perfect way to spend a summer holiday weekend. Your poetic writing style captures the beauty of the experience so well. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's fantastic!!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yesssssssss!. I love being so deep in the woods that it takes a full day to get back to a paved road.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How wonderful. Used to be I couldn't fathom camping without alcohol. Now, I'm itching to get out there, have the quiet mornings to myself while the family is still huddled in their sleeping bags, looking out at the water and feeling the utter peace of a quiet, ready mind in a beautiful place. Drinking around the campfire simply cannot stand up to what is gained with a clear heart and conscience, at one with my surroundings. Thank you for sharing!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I want to go camping now, thanks for the post