Notices

17 days need to get stable

Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seems like the cravings are still as bad as they were on day 5. Been thinking about beer all day. Even looked up Antabuse to see how long I had to be off it before I could drink again. Sure wish I was normal. Ya know grab a six pack drink 3 or so and....stop. I was even thinking how I could just pick up some beers around 11 or so at the gas station. Crush em until 3 or so chuck the cans and my wife wouldn't be the wiser. Wasn't so down today which is a nice change of pace. Was taking a l dopa supplement to try and boost my dopamine levels but the only thing it did was make me drowsy. Still taking the tyresone supplement. Supposedly pare curser to dopamine and neopenephrine. My Effexor seems to be kicking in better. Mus be able to do its thing without the alcohol dragging me down. Anyway, be good.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hang in there!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Is your doc aware of all the supplements you are taking? To be frank, withdrawals are gonna suck for a whole, and there are no magic pills you can get to avoid them fully. You are getting close to the end of acute withdrawals, they will subside.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi Olometal...when I first started here some said ''welcome to the roller coaster' or 'welcome to the journey'...and now with 2 months sober-ness, they were not kidding. The emotions change every single day. The intensity has gotten better now and things seem to be a little bit calmer, more even keel. Tomorrow is a new day and who knows what it holds.

We have to give it our best shot. Keep going Olo! Night time is hard. Stick around SR - you are not alone in this! The journey changes, Olo. Today is not tomorrow. You can do this. A life without elaborate sneaking and tricky thoughts sounds good, huh? Keep your eye on the prize and keep looking forward. See you tomorrow on your Day 18.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on 17 Days!!