Notices

Back to day one

Old 07-01-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to day one

I made it almost two months and drank again. The other day I drank on my lunch break. I've been going out every night again. I feel so miserable and the drinking is getting worse and worse. I am going to therapy today, and I'm going to tell her I need real help. I drank all day yesterday. I really want to quit this time, and I don't know how I let myself get to this point again.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why'dya do it, fitnessgirl?

Not very fitness-oriented, is it?

So.... what do ya think went wrong?

Whatchya gonna do differently now?

Congrats on the two months..... here's to a LOT more!!

Old 07-01-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I honestly don't know why. Wanting to have "fun"? Thinking no one will find out? Giving up? Who knows. I feel like crap again, and not fitness oriented! I hope I can stop again. It's so hard
Old 07-01-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to see you made it back here. Build on those 2 months, they don't disappear because of the relapse. You obviously did things that work during that time and you have the ability to stay sober, just try to concentrate on why you slipped and what else you can do to avoid slipping again.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know that I am a person who cannot drink, so I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I feel so guilty about it. I just hope I can stop this time.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

of course you can stop again.

are you drinking right now?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No, not since last night. I definitely won't drink today. I guess that's all I can do.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

No one can take away those 2 months you so admirably achieved, we all make mistakes in life it's all part of life's plan, it's just what we learn from them that separates success from failure.

Move on, move up and do what you know you can do.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi NYCfg - you had 2 months, I believe that you can do it again.

Also, if you can remember what triggered you so you can avoid/manage it next time, then you will be stronger against the addiction this time.

Let us know how today goes
Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Go at it again and you'll get there!! . . . though the lunchtime plan at work needs to be amended, but it can be done!!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCfitnessgirl View Post
No, not since last night. I definitely won't drink today. I guess that's all I can do.
It happens to the best of us. Just remember, one day at a time. Get through today dry, and then move on to tomorrow. You obviously are fitness oriented; working out, riding my bike, even walking my dog even when I felt like **** after drinking, always makes me feel better and stronger. Get those endorphins flowing!
Old 07-01-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey fitnessgirl, u managed two months. You will come back stronger. Trust me. One day at a time, like someone said.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi. For me these moments after drinking turned into a good remember when for me. I don’t like pain and don’t suffer well. I needed to remember that if I don’t pick up that first drink, for ANY reason, I don’t have to get sober AGAIN.
I needed to remember that drinking alcohol is a small part of the problem and I needed to work on the reasons I drank, besides being undisciplined and immature.

BE WELL
Old 07-01-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Please remember it's you that needs to want it and do it; not your therapist. And you can do it!
Old 07-01-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I made it through the day, and am looking forward to a good night sleep. I am getting back in the gym tomorrow morning. My therapist suggested trying anti-anxiety medication, which seems to be the trigger to drink. She referred me to a doctor who can prescribe meds. I've never taken them before, but figure it's worth a shot. I have a lot of stress at my job, so I am going to start applying to new ones. I appreciate all the support, and welcome all suggestions!