Notices

6/7/14 12:00Pm Just Quit. I'm so angry

Old 06-07-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6/7/14 12:00Pm Just Quit. I'm so angry

I'm so sick of drinking and smoking cigarettes. That is besides the point. I went on a nice 14 drink crazyness last night. And to ease the coming down I had a few drinks this morning (I was up till 5 am so the drinking had a lot of continuity).

I'm so ANGRY at my ex. I want to strangle her. I gave her my everything and she dates me for 8 months and breaks up with me because I'm white and her Indian family wont accept me. It's like hello? She knew I was white on the first date! But worst of all since the breakup she wont answer my texts or calls. We haven't seen eachother in two months and were both going to this professional meeting next week so I texted her yesterday to see if she wanted to get coffee so that it's not awkward at the meeting. She didn't reply at noon today so I facebooked her the same message and she replied via text saying "huh?" within a few mins. I swear I'm going to get fired or arrested or worse because I am going to go to that professional meeting and call her a **** in front of her boss. She's being a seflish **** so I'm going to call her that. I will probably get fired for it but I don't care anymore. I could see her acting this way if I cheated on her or did something wrong but I didn't. 2 Hours sober ftw!
Old 06-07-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have 2 things in common with you- one I am an alcoholic and two, I was in a pretty serious 1 year relationship with an Indian girl when I was in my twenties. Same thing happened to me- I was kept secret from her parents and more than once had to make a fast exit cause "daddy" was calling from his cell phone just down the road to announce a visit. I was really hurt when I got dumped but after a while I let it go and realized I was better off. When I met her she seemed like a typical American girl but her family's cultural beliefs ran very deep and won in the end. Try not to take it personally (I know that seems impossible at this point). You now have the opportunity to meet the right person at some point in the future.

As far as drinking and smoking... well, we both know that doesn't make anything better! Learn to love and care about yourself, let go of people who don't have your best interest at heart.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Drinking at someone is a poor decision Serper. Verbally abusing them to the point of losing your job is also a poor decision and by the sounds of your anger potentially harmful. If you are drinking now please stop and call someone for help...you don't want to do something that will be regretful.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If she doesn't want to talk to you, she doesn't want to talk to you. While it is never fun to be the one who is broken up with, it happens to all of us - and in this case, she has a reason that isn't even about you.

It's been two months since you broke up. The amount of resentment and anger you are still carrying is not healthy for you. Please get some help.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paloverde View Post
I have 2 things in common with you- one I am an alcoholic and two, I was in a pretty serious 1 year relationship with an Indian girl when I was in my twenties. Same thing happened to me- I was kept secret from her parents and more than once had to make a fast exit cause "daddy" was calling from his cell phone just down the road to announce a visit. I was really hurt when I got dumped but after a while I let it go and realized I was better off. When I met her she seemed like a typical American girl but her family's cultural beliefs ran very deep and won in the end. Try not to take it personally (I know that seems impossible at this point). You now have the opportunity to meet the right person at some point in the future.

As far as drinking and smoking... well, we both know that doesn't make anything better! Learn to love and care about yourself, let go of people who don't have your best interest at heart.

Yeah it sucks man. Of course Indian girls are the sweetest. She texted me back and said that if it would make me fee better before the meeting she would do it. So I guess we will meet. I'm very calm now. I haven't drank for 3 hours and I'm coming down... still tipsy though. The problem is that I'm not attracted to white girls... so I will be stuck in the Indian cycle until one deems me worthy to introduce to daddy....
Old 06-07-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
If she doesn't want to talk to you, she doesn't want to talk to you. While it is never fun to be the one who is broken up with, it happens to all of us - and in this case, she has a reason that isn't even about you.

It's been two months since you broke up. The amount of resentment and anger you are still carrying is not healthy for you. Please get some help.
Thanks.... I'm not really mad about the break up or her.... I've been sober all week and I've been fine.... I'm mad at MYSELF for drinking last night and today..... and I'm taking it out on her.... 3 hrs 19 mins in my new sober non smoking life! I feel good
Old 06-07-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serper2014 View Post
Thanks.... I'm not really mad about the break up or her.... I've been sober all week and I've been fine.... I'm mad at MYSELF for drinking last night and today..... and I'm taking it out on her.... 3 hrs 19 mins in my new sober non smoking life! I feel good
Oh,

Well, in that case lighten up on yourself. We've all done that too!

Keep it going on the Feel Good path.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Oh,

Well, in that case lighten up on yourself. We've all done that too!

Keep it going on the Feel Good path.
4 hours without a drink! I'm on my way!