Notices

cut down but not stopped

Old 05-28-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

cut down but not stopped

I have past few weeks tried to cut down, my bad days is Sunday and Monday. So im working on the next week for not drinking.

This past week I had Riki with my sister, she did it and it felt great. She also told me about sharkra crystal's which im totally into natural rocks and all that stuff.

I am doing this to see if I can relaxe myself and be sober. Hasn't happened yet but I am still carrying the crystal of picking and doing what is asked me.

In AA I was asked to find a higher being, well ive started and im looking into my on spirit and higher.

Hope that this will continue me forward as I have to stay in the day and future and forget my past. so I am working on this, meaning I am learning as me I do have a open mind and so far things are not bad.

So look forward in posting that 1 day xx
Old 05-28-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I know how much you're struggling, Erratic, but I'm thinking of you

Well done on joining AA. Stick with it and keep trying - you deserve so much to be happy ♥ xx
Old 05-28-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cutting down never worked for me.

Total abstinence is the way to go.

It is a decision, my friend. It's not easy, but it is simple.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're still trying, Erratic.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope AA works out for you erratic. Never give up hope its all inside you!!
Old 05-29-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As long as you keep the hope of drinking again alive you will fight yourself. You would be amazed at the peace from letting go of this battle. You will win the war I am sure. In other words, you will never be able to just cut down if your an alcoholic. So this notion is chasing your tail.

Good luck
Old 05-29-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey erratic! Glad you found your way here. This is a great place for recovery.

I have found my way into AA again myself. What's really great about this go round is that i've started hanging out and fellowshipping with the people i meet in AA. My homegroup is small but we're a pretty tight crew. We usually go out for dinner or dessert after our meeting. The women's group i attend is also really active and inclusive.

I used to think that AA was just about going to meetings and admitting that i was an alcoholic. Like, i'd get sober through osmosis or something, lol. I'm excited now because my group is active in service and fellowship. I got a sponsor who i share a lot in common with and i'm working the steps with her.

I think i'm finally figuring this AA thing out. I gotta be somewhere where i feel comfortable but at the same time, somewhere where i am challenged. Fellowshipping is good for me because it encourages me to not isolate and the service work my group does gives me a sense of being of use to the world.

This sobriety stuff is wild. When i first got sober, i treated it like sobriety had to fit it's way into my life. Now, i'm fitting my life into sobriety. I used to do silly things like skip meetings because i had to get home and cook dinner for my husband. He hated that. Now, i have learned to pick up easy dinner things for my meeting nights. Working my life around my sobriety helps me remember where my priorities lie. I can do a lot of things but i can't do much of anything if i go back to drinking.

Sorry for the ramble there! I love that you had Riki done. I really want to check that out. I'm working on my spirituality. I've had some crazy stuff happen in my life recently that i can't explain. I'm coming to accept that this is my god working in my life. My previous arrogance kept me from seeing these things. Opening my mind and heart has been hard but rewarding. Thanks for the inspiration to check out Riki.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry if people above thought I had joined AA, sry meant I did go when I first gave up drink for a yr. What I was trying to say is what AA did for me then and what I am trying to do now with Riki and sharkra.

Understand everyone's point of view that cutting doesn't work, however this is the only way I can start it off until I can sort myself out in being sober. I know im an alcoholic and it doesn't work, but im preparing myself to keep withdrawal's and problems down a bit instead of just stopping and dying in the process lol, sry didn't mean to laugh but I had to.

For me some people here understand that I have a self destruction streak which is why I do what I do, so means a lot of changes and help is needed for me to even like myself.

However, im willing to open my mind and try Riki and see what changes I can make.

Thanks for all ur responses sry for the confusion about AA

xxx