Notices

A Hard Day and Night

Old 05-26-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on staying on the wagon.
I highly recommend finding more social opportunities that don't involve drinking so you can find some like minded friends. It doesn't have to be a sober-only type event. Look for hobbies you enjoy (or pick up some new ones). There are always going to be drinkers in those groups as well but it's a good way to also find people who don't drink.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm trying. I really am.

I'm having dinner on Wednesday with friends who work and hang out at a record store I frequent. I am a music lover and vinyl record enthusiast. I'm sure there will be drinking with dinner, which I can easily deal with. After that my guess is, everyone will adjourn to someone's place for a smoke session. That I can not deal with.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

For those who care, an old friend called me and asked me to come for a cookout. They both drink. She drinks more than he does, but I knew both would be imbibing.

I went. I stopped and got the biggest cup of black tea that Starbucks sells. I drank my tea, talked about old times, had a plate of raw vegetables and two burgers, and then thanked my hosts and came home.

Piece a cake.