Notices

Licence Refuse by DVLA

Old 05-23-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Licence Refuse by DVLA

Hi all - Ive been sober for a few days over 8 months and its going very well. Yes its been hard and humilliating and all that but well worth it and Im certainly over the worst. In terms of the small matter of "clearing up all the crap" im through most of that. I went bankrupt for a clean sheet and some peace which was incredibly easy bearing in mind I had nothing further to lose on the basis that booze got the wife, cats, house, mercedes, and the 40k that used to be in the bank. Thats done now and its time to move on a bit so I have been trying to get my driving licence back. This was lost after i drunk a relatively small 4 pints and rammed it into a lampost / did runner / refused to give specimen etc. and about a year later I ended up with Essex Alcohol and Drug services. When I applied for my licence they went to my GP and then basicly the brown stuff hit the fan because I had been on a rehab course (which seems a bit odd - dont they want to be looking at those who have not been on a rehab? duh!). My application has been refused "for 12 months". My question is, when does 12 months start? is that 12 months from my recent application medical or 12 months since I was signed off by Essex Drug and Alcohol. I can probably find this out by ringing the DVLA but I thought I would ask here as I have found recovering alcoholics some of the best people I have ever met and I salute each and every one of you!. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to SR. I don't have the answer to your licence question. But this is a great place if you want to change "...sober for a few days over 8 months" to completely sober.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In a real world, they would view your
rehab as a positive.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I have no idea as to your license but wanted to welcome you to the site.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

You can probably find the answer to that question by giving the Licence Bureau a call and asking them. Congratulations on 8 months sober.