Notices

Why am I only an super alcoholic sometimes?

Old 05-23-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I can't stop D, I tried to go cold turkey before and I almost died. Last time i went to detox a nurse told me that I'm showing signs of alcohol withdrawas of someone that has been drinking for longer then I've been alive
Old 05-23-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's never a good idea to go cold turkey. I stroked out that way.
I could have died.

See a Dr or get into detox - that's the smart way.

D
Old 05-23-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

She also didn't tell you to just keep on drinking. Your off work go and see your Dr start doing this properly. Your relationship job and housing right now seem to be a day away from disappearing if this keeps going not sure how safe they are if you don't but it'll be so much better.
John.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Like Dee says, people have died from going cold turkey from alcohol abuse. It is FACT.

Also - I didn't want to go here - there is no such thing as a part time alcoholic.

Getting wasted on weekends or every other weekend or month is no different than drinking a bottle or two of wine every night. It will eventually catch up to you. No matter how you get there, you will. Your brain figures it out for you and before you know it...
Old 05-23-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Isaidyesyesyes View Post
I just woke up, out of one hell of a lucid dream that I would not wish on hitler.covered in sweat shaking uncontrollably. It's a miracle that I even made it to the fridge to get the cure. If you are contemplating drinking . Please don't, it's not worth it. There is no amount of pleasure that equals a fair trade off for this

re-read that last sentence and let us know when you're ready to get off this hellish merry-go-round to death.

you don't have to do this anymore.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Isaidyes. You're not looking for sympathy but I'm so sorry it's got its teeth in you so hard right now. I've been there and know how horrible it is, how frightening it can get, and I appreciate your warning to others. I know it comes from empathy and a good heart and some sense that if you can't help yourself, maybe you can help somebody else.

Really look at Dee's last post, though. And theklown's. This is the soberest stuff you'll read today. I always thought I was a functioning alcoholic on those "regular" days, too, but the truth is I was just maintaining a baseline until the next bender, which was inevitable as rain. And your kind warning to others is a way of stalling. Because the merry-go-round is spinning faster each day and the idea of jumping off is only getting scarier. People talk about "white knuckle sobriety," but right now you're the opposite. You're white-knuckle drinking. And so many of us have been there.

Let go. Fall back on this place. Face the few days of hell ahead, preferably with some help from a doc, and free yourself from this misery. This time next week you can be standing on solid ground, probably still a little dizzy but looking back at the merry-go-round with relief.

I'm wishing you strength. Keep checking in here.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I really hope you made it to a detox and are safe and doing better.