Notices

Drank this weekend but really encouraged!

Old 05-22-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Honestly, it is often the posts that "set me off" a little that make me look at things in a new light. Some of the most helpful things I have read on SR provoked me and put my nerves on edge. I imagine the posts that got to me at a few weeks sober, wouldn't phase me now at almost 8 months sober and the ones that hit a nerve now, I might just end up agreeing with, with a couple of years sobriety under my belt. And the crazy posts?? Well, they are just good entertainment . . . .
Old 05-22-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

FinallyReady, I hope that you stick around these boards.

I can't speak for everybody on these boards, but many of the people have a tendency to be stern and use very strong, explicit language when it comes to the use of alcohol because they've been there. For many people here, being absolutely no-nonsense with themselves and with their fellow alcoholics about drinking is what has kept them alive.

If someone posted that they're going to go out and have one last wahoo with alcohol, people here are going to be stern about it because if they were to say "no problem, go ahead and have fun!", that person may never come back. I am not exaggerating when I say that "Just one more drink" has brought people on these boards to the very brink of death.

This is a recovery forum where people care about one another and support each other's health and safety. If we believe someone here has a problem with alcohol, we're going to do what we can to strongly discourage using alcohol not because we're being jerks, but because we really do care.

Please stick around.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Ive been on other forums for other issues and this is possibly the most supportive and least harsh forums of them all.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some posts have been removed as per our rule:

It is also our policy not to allow threads that are purely to announce that you are unhappy here and "leaving the site'" or to post threads discussing why someone left or was banned. Such posts often detract from our purpose of providing support in recovery. Posts of this nature may be removed and continued posting of this nature could jeopardize your membership. If you wish to “leave” SR or just take a break from the site you are welcome to notify your friends via the Private Message feature.