Notices

Frustrated

Old 04-29-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated

It's hard enough to fight the cravings, the emotional roller coaster, the physical discomfort once you stop drinking...and then life throws you lemons...a whole freaking lemon tree falling on your head!

Ok, I'm exaggerating...but I'm frustrated! I'm on Day 5 and now both my husband and my son are sick. The little boy has a horrible cold, my husband has flu like symptoms, a tooth infection, he's seeing the Dr today as we still don't know what is causing all his pain.

Ugh! I want to be sober but c'mon life! I need a break!

Sorry about the vent...I am frustrated today
Old 04-29-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry but I had to chuckle at the image of all of the lemonade you could make if life threw you a whole lemon tree! At least its not alcohol!

I'm sorry your son and hubby are sick. No fun, I'm right there with them.
Life is mess, but it is so much easier to get through sober. You can care for them better now than you could have 6 days ago.

I'm so sorry you are frustrated, I hope it gets better. Keep posting, we'll listen to you vent!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Yep, you'd be facing the same set of circumstances if you were drunk, but now you're facing them with a clear head. Imagine trying to deal with all that while not being able to think coherently. Ugh!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Life does throw us a curve at times, and sometimes several. Remember that you are feeling this way in part because you are now facing the problems rather than running away and hiding with a bottle. Also remember that you are much better suited to help sober rather than drunk. Additionally, remember that everything will actually get worse if you drink.

Lastly, remember that you are only on day 5 and very early in recovery...it will get better! Take a deep breath and make sure you are getting enough to eat, drink, sleep. You are doing just fine!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry you are have such a hard time at home Patricia.

Chick you are bad, got me laughing though.

Patricia come here and vent anytime you need to, we don't mind. Maybe you can get life to trade the lemons for oranges so you can give the sick ones orange juice.
I hope your day gets better
Old 04-29-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
It's hard enough to fight the cravings, the emotional roller coaster, the physical discomfort once you stop drinking...and then life throws you lemons...a whole freaking lemon tree falling on your head!

Ok, I'm exaggerating...but I'm frustrated! I'm on Day 5 and now both my husband and my son are sick. The little boy has a horrible cold, my husband has flu like symptoms, a tooth infection, he's seeing the Dr today as we still don't know what is causing all his pain.

Ugh! I want to be sober but c'mon life! I need a break!

Sorry about the vent...I am frustrated today
I completely understand, when you first quit it feels like the world is on your case, but truth be told if you were still drinking your little boy and husband would still be in the same condition they are right now, does drinking make it more bearable? Maybe it would seem that way, I honestly think our brains can work against us in the beginning to get what our bodies crave. I think the old saying rings true, to get to heaven you sometimes have to go through hell. (Not literally just seems hard sometimes)

I truly hope your family get better real soon, take care.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang on - this too shall pass. Just gotta get through it all one day at a time.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Patricia, it will be better! We had to go to a wake yesterday for a relative that liked her booze and pills, she was only 53 yo. You will be fine, keep going! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-29-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rar

Yes it is hard, but stay strong Patricia. You can get through this without drinking. (HUG)
Old 04-29-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am 3 hours away from day 6. That's what keeps me going...but I can't stop crying for no reason, and crying for ALL the reasons...I am an emotional mess...I really can't stand my brain today...does anybody want it until tomorrow?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh man, I'm sorry you're being pulled in all directions, but you are DOING it! You really are. Be very proud of that.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sure I'll hold it for you Patricia, it can keep mine company.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just hang in there Patricia. You're pretty much 6 days in the bank. That's 6 victories as far as any of us are concerned! Good job and keep it up! Your experience is an inspiration to us still stuck at day 3!

-Steve-
Old 04-29-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You guys are the best. Thank you so much!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
To be content

If I was there...we'd have a good ol' complain it all out session!! I get ya Patricia, bad day here too in early sobriety. The emotions are crazy in early sobriety. So much change and how do we deal with it all. We can make a mountain out of a mole hill, but then again sometimes we are really dealing with mountains. What you are going through is not easy! Give yourself a break, cry it all out, and hope you feel better tomorrow. Big hug and congrats on making it to Day 6! You can do this!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hang in there. You can only gain strength from this.

Sorry I too was thinking gallons of lemonade.