Notices

Another bonus to sobriety....

Old 04-25-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another bonus to sobriety....

I stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost 15 pounds since 2/22! The irony is I haven't stopped eating since probably the second week sober, lol. When I was drinking I had no appetite and between the empty calories in the wine and not eating but one meal a day, my metabolism was shot.

I haven't been this weight (and no I'm not telling you what it is, lol!) in a long time but I still have a ways to go. It's just great motivation to keep on this path!

Happy Weekend to all!!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice benefit, cassinva.!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by casinva View Post
I stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost 15 pounds since 2/22! The irony is I haven't stopped eating since probably the second week sober, lol. When I was drinking I had no appetite and between the empty calories in the wine and not eating but one meal a day, my metabolism was shot.

I haven't been this weight (and no I'm not telling you what it is, lol!) in a long time but I still have a ways to go. It's just great motivation to keep on this path!

Happy Weekend to all!!

Well done, it is indeed a win win scenario, sobriety helps you inside and out.

Well done and have a great weekend.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy you are finding the benefits of sobriety!!

Old 04-25-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go! I was thinking about that as well...how many empty calories I am no longer consuming by drinking a bottle of vodka each night. However, I have noticed my craving for sugar (i.e., Skittles) has increased with my sobriety. It's better than the alternative in my opinion!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
painless

Im in the same boat as you except my weight loss came from stopping heroin. I lost over 15 pounds just in 5 days in detox from being 4 pointed to a hospital bed and not eating a single thing except drinking INSURE and water. I couldnt keep anything down... when I went into the hospital i weighed in at 269-270ish and in the past 41 days from eating high protein and working out in the gym like a madman on a mission im now weighing in at 233.5 lbs. i can actually see my stomach muscles that ive never seen before other then a picture when i was only 5 years old... lol... keep doing what your doing... its making u happy and keeping u healthy... what more can we ask for??? be well...
Old 04-25-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"i can actually see my stomach muscles that ive never seen before other then a picture when i was only 5 years old... lol... "

I can't stop laughing! Thanks, I needed that
Old 04-25-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

some people are probably sick of reading this....

my wine consumption was 8-10 glasses per night (probably 8-9 ounces each), roughly 2,000 empty wine calories PER DAY....and estimate 12-14, 000 THOUSAND empty calories per week. no nutritive value.

Take a selfie of your face every week? is there a difference? i lost the puffy shiney red glow, bleary eyes.

I could buy a pallet of Easter Peeps because they are now on sale....

how much $$ have you saved since 2/22?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, with regard to how much money I've saved since getting sober 55 days ago, it's amazing how much I was wasting on vodka!! I have since nearly paid off our credit card balance, and am able to get a handle on our monthly budget without having to lie about where our money has been going. It's a great feeling!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
painless

Smile

hey THEPATMAN... Lol i was THEFATMAN all my life even though ive always worked out and was a powerlifter with a one time national lifting record of 550 pounds on the bench with a reverse grip where the American Power lifting Association give a bonus of 50 lbs added to your lift making my bench press an even 600 pounds... and all that time i never worked out my stomach muscles. i have a picture from my 5th birthday in brooklyn where i guess we were cooling off on a sprinkler fire hydrant when the pic was snapped and i can clearly see my abs... hahahaha GLAD I MADE U LAUGH CAUSE LAUGHTER IS THE BEST THING IN MY LIFE...
Old 04-25-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh, money and calories saved are a HUGE motivation for me. Ever tried to fit 28+ points of wine into a 29 point day? Lol, the WW posters will understand...

Congrats to you on losing weight!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats, just more of what I like to call " Collateral Winners" of sobriety!
Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-25-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was drinking 2 large bottles of wine (equivalent to 4 small) every, single night (well, day INTO night ). The money being saved is another HUGE bonus - I find it so interesting how caught up in my addiction I was that I didn't have any problem spending over $20 a DAY on wine (I bought the cheap Beringer White Zin at $9.99 a bottle). Throw in a 12 pack of beer for my husband every weekend and.... that's a lot of money!