Notices

I feel like everyone's life is working but mine

Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I feel like everyone's life is working but mine

Today is one of the days where I wonder what the point to all of this is. I feel down and directionless. All I do is work and I am bored with life. I have lead a relatively irresponsible life, quitting jobs whenever I felt like it, taking off on vacations to foreign countries until I ran out of money and then moving back in with my parents. I am proud that I have stayed sober for 73 days and I have held a job for the past 4 months without taking off at all. I feel like I'm hitting a wall. My boss got under my skin today and I want to jump ship on everything. I'm tired and uninspired.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I often envy other people their lives: successful and happy. I don't always like my life but dammit, it's MY life and I'm glad I am who I am.

Don't get too caught up in it. These feelings will pass. Stay sober and things will get better.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 73 days..Thats GREAT

One thing I KNOW is..drinking or using only made thing worse for me.
Hang in there..it does get better and your doing GREAT.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time. No, not everyone's life is working but yours. We are all struggling with something, from time to time. Even non addicts have crummy days. Good luck. Hang in there.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Be proud of yourself for how far you've come. You have 73 days sober and 4 months at the same job, no problems. That's super. Really acknowledge to yourself that you're being responsible, even if it isn't always fun.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

It will get better. The boredom will go away. Any way that you could ask for some more responsibility of you're bored?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I felt tired and uninspired at 73 days sober so I recommend you hang in there and give yourself more time before making any major changes. Tomorrow you may feel different so don't jeopardize what you have today. And congrats on 73 days sober. It's hard, it's boring and it really sucks at times but it does get better ( I would have doubted that at 73 days to tell you the truth). The current situation doesn't have to be the rest of your life, but it could be if you cut and run and start drinking again. Hang in there.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 73 days. That is fantastic. Some days are hard, but sober is way better then hooked on drugs or alcohol. A clear mind, doing well, yep, being a grown up. Sometimes it is not fun, but be proud of what you have done so far. I am glad you are sharing your journey with us.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I appreciate the words of support. I feel like I am hitting a plateau of sorts, but I'm trying to work through it. I felt better after a yoga class. I just hope that the stress releases at some point and does not keep accumulating and giving me this feeling of unease.