Notices

Hi I am new, reading here opened my eyes!

Old 04-13-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi I am new, reading here opened my eyes!

I have an ongoing off an on "relationship" with a dry alcoholic. Since five years I am trying to make sense of his behaviour, I read every book and article in the world and nothing quite fitted, until I read some posts here from people who had relationships with dry alcoholics.

I am crying right now. Because I finally got my answer what is going on with him and also because I know now that I have to leave him.

And he told me so often "I am an addict", "I need to go to AA". And I never wanted to listen.

I am sooo sad right now. But all the posts I read here, made me think they all have been in relationship with HIM, because they were describing the exact behaviour of his.

I am devastated. Please can anyone give me some advice, some words of comfort. I am so sad and heartbroken.

I love him so much. But I need to leave, I know this now.

Sorry for my english, its not my motherlanguage. Thanks and hugs to you all.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Jen from another Jen

Welcome to SR. I'm sorry for the circumstances that brought you here but glad you found us.

You will find a lot of support here on this forum but also check out our family and friends forum too. I think you would benefit from talking to people who have been in your shoes.

Remember though, that every case is different and we are all individuals. Although some families do break up, there are those that can survive. Educating yourself about alcoholism and talking to others will help you.

Pleased you're here.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can get you thru these tough times.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I am sorry you are hurting. You will find lots of support here. Take your time. No decision has to be made till you learn all you can.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Plenty of support here.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you all for the warm welcome! I have read already all day in the family support forum and also texted HIM about that I think he is a dry drunk and I behave like a codependant (with him).
He admitted I was right. I also read about 10 sign its time to leave and all ten signs apply to my situation with him.