Notices

Got the call

Old 04-09-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Got the call

Got the long awaited phone call today. Looks like mac n cheese for a while.

I am officially not receiving any income what-so-ever. Isn't life grand sometimes.

So remember boys and girls, drinking alcohol does bad things to your life.

<<< This my HR department w/ me on the right.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about that LB. Good news is....you're still sober!

love from Lenina
Old 04-09-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I am so sorry to hear about what happened LBrain.

I read that you hated the job anyways. I was on stress leave when I quit my job and I hated that job. I was glad to go.

I found a job working from home which has been great, the pay isn't like my other one, but it has it benefits.

Will send out lots of mojo for you that you find a job you like!
Old 04-09-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear. I've been there in limbo with a job. Once I finally got the word, it was a kick in the pants. I found something else eventually. Fresh start. I'm sure it feels awful though. I'm very sorry.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, but it is better handled sober. I will keep you in my prayers. When one door shuts another door often opens.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that. I can relate a bit...I quit my job of almost ten years this past December because I hated it and had just gotten my bachelors degree. I didn't put in a two week notice so I'm not re-hireable and the second I quit, I realized....I had no back up plan. Oops! Plus I was very much caught in my addiction so until a few weeks ago I spent no time looking for a new job and all my time drinking and smoking in my pajamas basically around the clock. Keep your chin up though....you're still sober and now you have a whole new world of possibilities open! I have an interview tomorrow, first one in a decade! Best of wishes to you and positive vibes towards your continued sobriety and new job prospects in the future
Old 04-09-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, LBrain! In that same boat, too. All down to drinking, of course. So sorry that happened. Hope you find another job soon - one that you love.

Jaye
Old 04-09-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Well folks, I was on my way to a meeting and stopped to talk to some neighbors. All outside drinking beers and yukking it up. Talked for a bit about work - one is a fellow employee. Felt like having a cold one with them. But I left and went to meeting instead.
In the past I would have been on my second six pack by the second hour after hearing the crappy news.
So at least I got that going for me.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Got the long awaited phone call today. Looks like mac n cheese for a while.

I am officially not receiving any income what-so-ever. Isn't life grand sometimes.

So remember boys and girls, drinking alcohol does bad things to your life.

<<< This my HR department w/ me on the right.
Hi LBrain,

Very sorry to hear of your job, I'm a firm believer of things happening for a reason, onwards and upwards LBrain.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

been there....

your employment is out there, time to find it now. I really wish you well!

if you are willing to do the work, the state might give ya a SNAP card.....yeah, it sucks, but ya won't go hungry
Old 04-09-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rar

Sorry about the employment news LBrain. I hope you find the job you will be happy in. Congrats in staying sober during a difficult time.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Join the club! Some of those cans that have been sitting in the pantry for years are gonna
see some action soon lol I wonder what spam really tastes like?

But hey we are clean and sober. I believe God will provide. I left my job in sales. I hate sales.
I hate schmoozing people.

Something will happen. Thanks to my grama she left me a little money to hold me for a few months.

Praying for you!!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear that. Kudos to you for making the meeting. Positive thoughts and energy coming your way! Prayers for something bigger and sobriety!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

A tough break but not completely unexpected. You will bounce back! It will be a lot easier to keep the next job sober! You're doing well, just hang in there.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So Sorry about this!

Your neighbors drinking will look 70 at 40 you missed nothing. Probably rambling about whatever anyway.

We are here with you, keep rebuilding your house. We will bring the sandwiches and cold non-Alcoholic drinks and help you.

I noticed trough your posts and a couple of PM's that you have a natural sense of humor. Your are richer than you think my friend. Hang on to your positive attitude, it will bring you far and obstacles and challenges won't stand in your way to sobriety and happiness.

Please note that above rich does not imply going to the bank and getting money for a couple of good jokes. ;-)

Chin up Rocky, we got this with you!
Old 04-10-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I'm sure you didn't mean the life-grand part literally? (Couldn't help myself, le sigh)

Anyway... really, what an opportunity! You're sober AND have the time to enjoy it! I'm almost jealous! (except I'm sober and only work three-four nights a week, so I guess I have to admit, I have that too.) #derp?

I don't know much (okay, anything) about your job struggles up 'til now, I may just have to troll back through and catch up but heck, mac n cheese for x amount of time while you take this time for YOU and get done what you need (and maybe even want?) to get done ... you can't slap a price tag on that! Golly, you could even (horrors) blog about it. I kid, I kid.

... so I'm sitting here, thinking. Smoking. Watching the little ROKU icon weave its (surely drunken) way across my TV screen ... thinking about your job, other people's jobs, life struggles ... a veritable brown study. Then suddenly out of nowhere this line from one of my fave songs pops into my head: Give me a job, give me security - (from Styx, Blue Collar Man.)

I google the lyrics ... (I'm horrid with lyrics. Even though I've known the song forever, there are still parts I couldn't tell you what was said lol) ... and I smile:

But I've got the power, and I've got the will
I'm not a charity case

So like it or not I'll take those...
Long nights, impossible odds

The song itself is a bit morose, imho, like he's reached a glass ceiling and has come to grips with never getting a better job. But what I garner from it now, anyone can have the attitude italicized above, whether or not they have a job.

Whether or not you're employed, doesn't define who you are (I know, light bulb). Anyway, this isn't advice, I'm the peon in the advice dept with all this, I just found it somewhat bolstering. I guess it's all I have to offer in terms of support at the mo.

Well, that, and:

(Now to go find your prior posts, lol)

And PS - sorry for the rambling. I'm up, tired and wired. I'm sure later I'll want to bang-head-here for posting.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

rogue, thanks for reminding me (the styx reference), I gots to ta gets me to da unployment office straights away - I didn't have to google it for the reference. Maybe I'll go by the day job place - a few blocks away - and hang out with the people I used to go out looking for- kidding. I thought of it many times, but I suppose because I was drinking on my days off I never got around to hiring the local illegal (that's right ILLEGAL ALIEN) aliens to do my heavy work. I just logged on the bigC to see if I got a reply from a "lawyer." Yep that's right. Less than hour after 'the call' I made my own call.

patman - I went fishin with a guy who went through the exact same thing as I. I had him laughing, told him I needed to skill up and dig back for some of my old material - I keep it stored upstairs - and start doing standup. I'll be needing a job soon. It is profoundly ironic that he was with me when the phone rang -ghostly sound effects here.

deeker, the wife was getting annoyed with me coming home from costco with a load of cans. I was sort of doomsday prepping. Making sure I had enough TP to last for a while too. I could do 5 to 7 minutes alone on toilet papaer. I started stocking up on sundries and non-perishable food items. Yes, I guess you could say I saw this coming. But not in the manner it was handled - hence the lawyer.
I didn't have a gran or anybody else throw any sheckles my way. This change of life was totally not planned for. But I always said, give me a knife and I'll survive anywhere.
This was before the TV show naked and afraid was ever thought about. If I was single I would be selling the house and hitting the road.

Sugarbear, I don't qualify for snap. I put in value of some things I own. NOT QUALFIED! I'll be okay without it. You just reminded me of the IRE that besets me when I see (insert your favorite derogatory name) paying for groceries with her snap card while being better dressed than I, wearing two pounds of gold and driving away in a new escalade with spinners and tinted windows. Don't even get me started! Too late...

mrsB, I was this close (*) to completing my nucular engineering degree, but decided I didn't need it and took a short cut to a quick money job.
As Dee and others have already mentioned - I'M FREE! That job was taking YEARS off my life. I was just too lazy to quit and move on... ????
As someone pointed out to me, we are sucked into the abyss of a safe routine and never look outside ourselves to grow. I suppose I would reckon it to being like a hamster in a wheel.

I'm rambling. I just need to get it out there, to remind myself that I'll eventually be okay.
Thanks everyone for your kind messages. I'll be back to ramble some more.
Brian: Speaking of which, I misspelled Brian and became "THE BRAIN" So I ran with it...